Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2020, 08:20 PM   #2431
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Unbalanced scheduling helped us a lot this year.

We didn’t have to go Tulsa, & SMU.

Both tough places to win and places where Houston lost.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:41 PM   #2432
Bearcat_Z

Bearcat_Z is on a distinguished road
UC also defeated Tulsa by 31 and SMU by 22. Early in the conference but very solid wins. They should play every team home and away each year.
Bearcat_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #2433
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_Z View Post
UC also defeated Tulsa by 31 and SMU by 22. Early in the conference but very solid wins. They should play every team home and away each year.
Sure.

But we also lost to tulane and UConn on the road.

Uneven scheduling helped us and I’m totally cool with that. Houston played the toughest schedule of the 3 conference winners.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:57 PM   #2434
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Sure.

But we also lost to tulane and UConn on the road.

Uneven scheduling helped us and I’m totally cool with that. Houston played the toughest schedule of the 3 conference winners.
Didn’t Houston lose to UConn on the road?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #2435
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Didn’t Houston lose to UConn on the road?
That’s not the point. The point is... we didn’t have to play Tulsa away. Who also finished first and beat Memphis and Houston and WSU at home.

SMU beat Houston and Tulsa in Dallas. We also didn’t have to go there.

For the resume; it would have been nice to have those 2 opportunities but for the sake of the conference title, it helped us.

Houston had to play uc, Tulsa, Memphis, UConn, WSU, & SMU all twice.

They took Road L’s. To UConn, Memphis, like we did. But also took 2 more road losses to trans we didn’t have to play on the road, Tulsa and SMU

The thing is.... we should have won the league out right. We dropped 2 bombs against ucf and Tulane. The other losses are understandable. And if Houston would have played our schedule, they likely walk away with just 3 losses.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:05 AM   #2436
Chance2017

Chance2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That’s not the point. The point is... we didn’t have to play Tulsa away. Who also finished first and beat Memphis and Houston and WSU at home.

SMU beat Houston and Tulsa in Dallas. We also didn’t have to go there.

For the resume; it would have been nice to have those 2 opportunities but for the sake of the conference title, it helped us.

Houston had to play uc, Tulsa, Memphis, UConn, WSU, & SMU all twice.

They took Road L’s. To UConn, Memphis, like we did. But also took 2 more road losses to trans we didn’t have to play on the road, Tulsa and SMU

The thing is.... we should have won the league out right. We dropped 2 bombs against ucf and Tulane. The other losses are understandable. And if Houston would have played our schedule, they likely walk away with just 3 losses.
You’re exhausting
Chance2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:13 AM   #2437
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance2017 View Post
You’re exhausting
We could win the national championship and he would say we had an easier schedule. If it wasn’t cronin. If it was, it’d be fine. Yes we had an easier schedule. We also had a injured star, a new coach, and half our players were new. This is probably the first year since the inception of the league that we haven’t had the hardest schedule. Houston supposedly has the best coach and best roster. They should have won games. They didn’t.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:17 AM   #2438
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
We could win the national championship and he would say we had an easier schedule. If it wasn’t cronin. If it was, it’d be fine. Yes we had an easier schedule. We also had a injured star, a new coach, and half our players were new. This is probably the first year since the inception of the league that we haven’t had the hardest schedule. Houston supposedly has the best coach and best roster. They should have won games. They didn’t.

Jesus you act like I’m making this up. I got the info from other places.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremybranham/status/1236784869516234753

The combined record for each teams conference opponent is:
Houston: 168-156, .519
Cincinnati: 157-167, .485
Tulsa: 151-163, .466

I’m not spinning this. Or saying it’s negative.

I’m literally just stating a fact

And if Cronin’s teams played with the piss poor effort this team plays with id call that out just like I’d call out the unbalanced schedule.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:31 AM   #2439
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jesus you act like I’m making this up. I got the info from other places.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremybranham/status/1236784869516234753

The combined record for each teams conference opponent is:
Houston: 168-156, .519
Cincinnati: 157-167, .485
Tulsa: 151-163, .466

I’m not spinning this. Or saying it’s negative.

I’m literally just stating a fact

And if Cronin’s teams played with the piss poor effort this team plays with id call that out just like I’d call out the unbalanced schedule.
It’s not that you’re making it up it’s you latch on to ridiculous things to try and reduce any current success. The schedule was out of the teams control and any inference of wins and losses of unplayed games is purely speculation. Being purely speculation makes it inconsequential.... if it wasn’t I’m sure the league would have included strength of conference schedule in the seeding tie breaker.

You have no idea how games would have played out... that’s why they play the games.

League champs... deal with it.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:05 AM   #2440
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
i was told we'd have no chance to win the league with Brannen because Houston and Wichita had coaches that were so much better than ours.

Nobody said anything about schedules.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote