Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2020, 08:09 AM   #71
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
A sweet 16 would make this whole season worth it.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:14 AM   #72
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I don’t do it by consistently downing on the program or wishing for the season to be over. In all those games you go to are you wearing the opposing teams shirts?
Nope. I’m one of the loudest people in my section.

I’m passionate, especially when the team looks like it’s giving its 100% effort for 40 min.

But that’s why the home games lost their soul.

The opposing team is walking out of the tunnel with more energy than UC. I’ve complained about a lot of things but the most annoying is the effort level.

The fact that a rebound would bounce 5x if it weren’t for a temple player grabbing it even when surrounded by Bearcats.

Season had its highs and lows. And a new coach will have thatZ

But lacking an identity of toughness and effort is something I don’t think any Bearcats fan should just ignore
Old 03-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #73
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Nope. I’m one of the loudest people in my section.

I’m passionate, especially when the team looks like it’s giving its 100% effort for 40 min.

But that’s why the home games lost their soul.

The opposing team is walking out of the tunnel with more energy than UC. I’ve complained about a lot of things but the most annoying is the effort level.

The fact that a rebound would bounce 5x if it weren’t for a temple player grabbing it even when surrounded by Bearcats.

Season had its highs and lows. And a new coach will have thatZ

But lacking an identity of toughness and effort is something I don’t think any Bearcats fan should just ignore
I get your point but as there were times it looked like the effort was lacking, however we were still conference champs and took the 1 seed in the conference tourney in a league we were picked to finish 3rd.You act like we had a horrible season.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #74
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I get your point but as there were times it looked like the effort was lacking, however we were still conference champs and took the 1 seed in the conference tourney in a league we were picked to finish 3rd.You act like we had a horrible season.
I don’t think we lived up to expectations.

I actually think we performed pretty admirably against the better teams we played.

But where I was most frustrated as a fan was having to experience Colgate and UCF live. The bowling Green collapse. The Tulane loss.

If we drop only 1 of those games, we are an 8 or 9 seed and have zero worries next Sunday.

Good teams don’t lose to bad teams. Houston had zero slip ups to the bad teams. It’s why their ranked and were on the bubble with very slim margins.

Brannen lost these kinda games at Nku every year bit it had zero affect because he knew it was all about the conference tourney

At cincinnati we have higher expectations then an auto bid.

And effort and execution killed us in those 4 games
Old 03-09-2020, 09:10 AM   #75
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I see us winning the conference and getting the #1 seed has sent justin into meltdown mode.

hmmm
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:17 AM   #76
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I see us winning the conference and getting the #1 seed has sent justin into meltdown mode.

hmmm

Meltdown mode?

I said we benefitted from uneven scheduling. Which is true

If you think this year, was a wild success then I’m happy for you.

I’m just happy to be 0-0 again with the best player in the conference on our team heading into the game on Friday.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #77
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I don’t think we lived up to expectations.

I actually think we performed pretty admirably against the better teams we played.

But where I was most frustrated as a fan was having to experience Colgate and UCF live. The bowling Green collapse. The Tulane loss.

If we drop only 1 of those games, we are an 8 or 9 seed and have zero worries next Sunday.

Good teams don’t lose to bad teams. Houston had zero slip ups to the bad teams. It’s why their ranked and were on the bubble with very slim margins.

Brannen lost these kinda games at Nku every year bit it had zero affect because he knew it was all about the conference tourney

At cincinnati we have higher expectations then an auto bid.

And effort and execution killed us in those 4 games
We got first in the league. With a Houston team that you think is awesome, and a coach that you said is the best in the league. Still a chance to win the conference tournament and the whole thing. What a weird comment that we didn’t live up to expectations. It’s almost like they can’t win no matter what. But I know that’s not the case.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:54 AM   #78
cincyguy13
Epic Member

The truth is, to some, no coach will live up to mick. Just like when Huggins got fired, people did the same thing. In 10 years people will be still holding on to mick. There are still people holding on to the Higgins era. It’s the same cycle. Just wish people would be honest with their self and just admit that. Instead of making up all kinds of nonsense about meeting expectations. When they just won the league.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:01 AM   #79
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
The truth is, to some, no coach will live up to mick. Just like when Huggins got fired, people did the same thing. In 10 years people will be still holding on to mick. There are still people holding on to the Higgins era. It’s the same cycle. Just wish people would be honest with their self and just admit that. Instead of making up all kinds of nonsense about meeting expectations. When they just won the league.
Just like when Keith, Jarron, or Tre have good games, they are micks players. When they struggle, it’s the system. It’s the same stuff. When someone says Jarron struggled, he’s hurt. When it’s an explanation for the team struggling, he’s fine.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 03-09-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:10 AM   #80
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post

This isn’t true.

If we make a run this year, I’ll forget all about mick.

If we got 28-4 next year and make a run, I’ll forget all about Mick.

But the effort of this team has been poor for 6 weeks straight. It takes them getting down 14 points to a god awful soulless basketball team like temple, to finally realize they have to go.

That’s frustrating.

I’m 30 games in and I still don’t know what the staple of Brannen ball will be. We lack an identity.

Believe me no one wants John Brannen exceed mick then me. But mick and Huggins raised the standard of whet we should expect at UC. We aren’t UCLA, we can’t make a bad hire and then make a good one and all the sudden jump back in to the national spotlight.

I want CJB to be uber successful.

What’s crazy is that just 1 year ago, the Roles were reversed, it was half of you guys dissing Cronin every time we lost a game and me and a few others defending him and players.

Personally feel we are 3 losses from what I would call a successful season. UCF, Colgate & BGU. I can live with the road loss to Tulane. But the others are not acceptable at UC.

Add in that, I didn’t see much growth in the last 6 weeks of the year. The defensive issues stayed the same, the effort level the same, and if didn’t look like we got better as we were promised.

All that said... it’s a fresh start. The past means nothing now. I’m ready to see what we are made of.