Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Too Soon UL Game Thread?

OK I'm done celebrating the UCF game.

Time to move on to the game of the year thus far. This game could very well be for the conference championship and which AAC team stays in the top 10, gets the most media coverage, and gets the best seed in the Dance. UL has revenge on the mind, will probably be favored, and we have the home court advantage.

Based on offense and defense scoring alone we are 9 point dogs. Add in the home court advantage it would be closer to +5. I am going with a 1 point win though because we have some determined seniors

UC...65
UL...64
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I feel like a kid waiting on Xmas to get here. Saturday can't get here fast enough.

My heart won't let me pick against the Cats but my head tells me we will need our best game to pull this one out. We'll need to take care of the ball and stop penitration to win. Can't allow cheap points or extra possesions off of TO's. Their Press hurt us last game. Will need to do a better job handling their pressure.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
This game will open somewhere between UC +2 and a pickem. Kenpom currently has it at UC +1.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
Levettation

Levettation is on a distinguished road
The fact UC turned the ball over 20 times last game vs UofL is a glimmer of hope. By this I don't mean they can repeat that number and still win (they can't), but that there is room for improvement that is a reasonably attainable.

If they can keep the turnover number below 12 I think that will offset the Cardinals "better preperation" for this contest.
Levettation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Its a hard task for any team to beat a team like UL twice in the regular season. So with that in mind it will be a tough task. Honestly it can go either way in my eyes. UL players are running their mouths and bad mouthing UC so I hope we can hand them their as$es.

One thing is for sure, if the game is close, UL will not be fouling SK at the end of the game. We must limit our turnovers and not give up open 3's. UL has been shooting the 3 ball really well of late.

I can not wait for this game and so excited to be apart of the atmosphere. I think we win this game.

UC-68
UL-65
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I feel like a kid waiting on Xmas to get here. Saturday can't get here fast enough.

My heart won't let me pick against the Cats but my head tells me we will need our best game to pull this one out. We'll need to take care of the ball and stop penitration to win. Can't allow cheap points or extra possesions off of TO's. Their Press hurt us last game. Will need to do a better job handling their pressure.
TC and the others have experienced it now so that should help. The crowd, like the SMU game, I believed helped to rattle UC and Saturday that will be in UC's favor.

Have to hit outside shots and be aggressive toward the basket. Shaq has to come to play and again, they will need bench scoring. UC is as jacked for this as UL and I think this will be a back and forth game throughout from the jump. I'm glad the Bearcats will have some recovery time after his because if it plays out like I think both teams will be mentally and emotionally tired afterward.

With the Bearcats at home I think they win a very tightly played game by 1-2points and in my opinion the deciding factor will be who gets to the foul line, gets in the paint and hits a reasonable percent from 3.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #7
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
We go on at least 2 quick runs at some point in the game, both requiring UL timeouts, the din is so outrageous that Dan Hoard gives up screaming into the mic, then a bullshit foul gets called on the cats since Burr is out to job us and an upper deck concession vendor gets so pissed he throws a snow cone and bottle of Miller light onto the court, which Justin Jackson then mops up because he's the man.

And then we win
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
We are playing a noon game on Saturday on CBS with the chance to catapult ourselves into the top 5. The top F$#%ING 5!!! Im so pumped for this game. If you are a college basketball fan this is all you can ask for in the scope of the regular season. Cherish this time fellas it's unique. It's been such a special season. So excited to see how far we can go.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
TC and the others have experienced it now so that should help. The crowd, like the SMU game, I believed helped to rattle UC and Saturday that will be in UC's favor.

Have to hit outside shots and be aggressive toward the basket. Shaq has to come to play and again, they will need bench scoring. UC is as jacked for this as UL and I think this will be a back and forth game throughout from the jump. I'm glad the Bearcats will have some recovery time after his because if it plays out like I think both teams will be mentally and emotionally tired afterward.

With the Bearcats at home I think they win a very tightly played game by 1-2points and in my opinion the deciding factor will be who gets to the foul line, gets in the paint and hits a reasonable percent from 3.
Jeff, I doubted your prediction last time. I'll have to go with you this time. I think the having faced it once and playing at home were we haven't lost this year gives us a hard fought win.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Since we beat UL they have been absolutely steam rolling teams. They are coming into the shoe on a serious roll and its going to be tough to stop.