Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,405
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Multiple reports of coming sanctions for Uconn...

waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #12
mdchick
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,135
mdchick is on a distinguished road
College football rules everything in perception of conference as a whole, our league literally just got better with the subtraction of UConn.

UCF, UC, HOUSTON, TEMPLE, MEMPHIS, NAVY and USF have all been in the top 25 for football within the last 3 years

Basketball: UC, HOUSTON, whichita state,UCF and smu have all been ranked in the last 3 years

UCONN was not ranked in ether sport in the last 3 years.... cya later🤗
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #13
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,375
AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
College football rules everything in perception of conference as a whole, our league literally just got better with the subtraction of UConn.

UCF, UC, HOUSTON, TEMPLE, MEMPHIS, NAVY and USF have all been in the top 25 for football within the last 3 years

Basketball: UC, HOUSTON, whichita state,UCF and smu have all been ranked in the last 3 years

UCONN was not ranked in ether sport in the last 3 years.... cya later🤗
Was looking at their recruits in football last two years. Very bad. Good Bye!!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,405
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
College football rules everything in perception of conference as a whole, our league literally just got better with the subtraction of UConn.

UCF, UC, HOUSTON, TEMPLE, MEMPHIS, NAVY and USF have all been in the top 25 for football within the last 3 years

Basketball: UC, HOUSTON, whichita state,UCF and smu have all been ranked in the last 3 years

UCONN was not ranked in ether sport in the last 3 years.... cya later🤗
I think most of the football teams we would want to add are out west. BYU, Boise, etc. With the exception of Army. Army would really only be a good add for the Navy game which is one of the most watched games of the year. And I don't know how you schedule a game like that which is typically played after the conference championship games and therefore the only game in town (which is why it gets such high ratings). You put that game in the middle of the season and they don't do college game day there and the viewership goes way down.

I think Boise seems unlikely. Adding Army really only makes sense for the Navy game. So BYU (football only) is really the only one that moves the needle enough to make sense to add anyone. AAC is in a good position right now with a new TV deal and none of the other power conferences (football) adding teams right now. We can be picky. Teams should be knocking down our door.

In terms of basketball I would say the same thing. We don't need to be adding teams just to add them. They have to add value or we just stay with what we have. Who moves the needle? Gonzaga? lol. Maybe a team like VCU can move it a little?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #15
mdchick
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,135
mdchick is on a distinguished road
Army is actually going to be good in football again, they had a rule for the longest time for west point university about every cadet being at a certain weight, so they never could get a big o-line. Ever since they switched theyíve been really good, they have a really good qb and there boosters are unbelievable.

Iíve been to 2 army navy games thereís no way they wonít do it any other way and itís more publicity for the aac anyways. If army would join for football Iíd be shocked if the aac turned them down.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #16
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,405
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Army is actually going to be good in football again, they had a rule for the longest time for west point university about every cadet being at a certain weight, so they never could get a big o-line. Ever since they switched theyíve been really good, they have a really good qb and there boosters are unbelievable.

Iíve been to 2 army navy games thereís no way they wonít do it any other way and itís more publicity for the aac anyways. If army would join for football Iíd be shocked if the aac turned them down.
So how do you do it? Play a conference game after the championship is already settled and has no bearing on a bowl? You would have to keep them from playing each other during the actual season??
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #17
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 1,375
AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
So how do you do it? Play a conference game after the championship is already settled and has no bearing on a bowl? You would have to keep them from playing each other during the actual season??
play the very first day the ncaa would allow one day earlier and be the kick off to the season.Example, prime time game espn at 8pm to kick the season off August 30th Navy vs Army from the AMERICAN aac ??? just a thought
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #18
MylesFoxMorrisey
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 48
MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, USF are the core All sports programs of the AAC. Losing one of these would stink and the Big East isn't taking any of them.

Last edited by MylesFoxMorrisey; 07-15-2019 at 07:01 PM.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.