Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 18+ 11 40.74%
UC wins by 11-17 16 59.26%
UC wins by 10 or less 0 0%
East Carolina wins 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #211
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
15-2, #20, top of the AAC. Whether you like Mick or not, team is in a good spot and still have a lot of room to get better, let's enjoy the process that is the season.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #212
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
What a sad day when a poster can get banned for having a dissenting opinion. Not for personally attacking anyone but simply for having a different opinion and defending it against others uncensored ability to question it.

This is a huge fail Jacob

RIP NTS
In the real world, when the owner of the bar is finally so sick of someone, they show you the door. It's a good system
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #213
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Happy to see what has happened
Let's move on from this ugly game. It happens multiple times a year to many teams. You win and move on.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #214
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Jesus this thread is a giant cluster. Haven't read it all, but I've read enough.

1. 15-2 is pretty, pretttay, pretttay good. Really setting the team up for a solid resume and seed.

2. ECU is even worse than I thought. Good lord are they bad or what. I'd rather watch 5th grade girls b-ball than ECU play vs a random D1 team. That team is just abysmal.

3. Our defense might be getting even better and have a ceiling we've not hit yet. I really think they can get even better with a few more games of M2Man.

4. Our offense is so weird. I do think it's our most talented/skilled offensive team in Mick's tenure but we're the definition of "meh.". Lot of areas to get better in, but outside of the nights the team just gets hot from 3 (like the SMU game) we're always gonna have stretches where we struggle to get good looks and score. I haven't been able to find it for CBB, but in the NBA they track #of shots that count as wide open (No defender within 6feet). My eyes swear we have to be pretty bad in this department, but without the data it's hard to know.

5. All the talk about any team being "SW 16" or E8 or F4 contender is mostly hot air. Luck plays such a large role in the tournament that pretty average teams are more than capable of making the SW16 or further with the right draw and a few lucky bounces.

6. I can still be a die-hard fan and be disappointed in the team's performance @ECU, think a lot has to improve, be excited with what the team has accomplished, and not think the offense will improve. None of these are mutually exclusive.

Last edited by ervins84; 01-16-2017 at 07:31 PM.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #215
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Ugly game. Move forward, take the W and don't look back. Need to get Evans back on track. He seems to be tense out there. Nervous for the scouts maybe? One positive may be by playing a good shot blocker, we have some experience for UCF. Last year we handled Fall fine, he did disrupt us some but didn't play a lot of minutes. It did seem the whole team just about was tired. Wonder if more than Troy is under the weather.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #216
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Ugly game. Move forward, take the W and don't look back. Need to get Evans back on track. He seems to be tense out there. Nervous for the scouts maybe? One positive may be by playing a good shot blocker, we have some experience for UCF. Last year we handled Fall fine, he did disrupt us some but didn't play a lot of minutes. It did seem the whole team just about was tired. Wonder if more than Troy is under the weather.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote