Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be outcome of the Georgia State game?
UC wins by 20+ 10 25.64%
UC wins by 10-19 23 58.97%
UC wins by 1-9 5 12.82%
Georgia State wins 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #41
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
It's a perfect location, if anyone needs any recommendations on bars/food let me know. Have lived in Nashville for 5 years now.
I would love to know of some food and bar places to hit up. My hotel in 1 mile away from the strip, the Hampton inn on Vanderbilts area. I love more dive/local joints than the big touristy places. (Unless those tourist joints are a must stop haha) Never been to Nashville which is somewhat mind blowing considering my friends and I drinking abilities.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #42
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Plus you're right on the main strip to celebrate after the bearcat win!
Yes Nashville is awesome, had an absolute blast there after the Florida state win.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #43
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I would love to know of some food and bar places to hit up. My hotel in 1 mile away from the strip, the Hampton inn on Vanderbilts area. I love more dive/local joints than the big touristy places. (Unless those tourist joints are a must stop haha) Never been to Nashville which is somewhat mind blowing considering my friends and I drinking abilities.
The whole strip outside Bridgestone is full of BBQ places, you can't go wrong
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #44
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Last time I was there we went to The Pharmacy which is a burger place with a decent Beer garden, a little out from the city. Also went to Burger Republic if you're looking for something off the strip but within walking distance of a few breweries/short uber ride back to the strip.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #45
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Won't find many hole in the wall type spots near the arena, but as far as food goes. Martins BBQ on 4th ave is a personal favorite BBQ place. Pucketts grocery&Restaurant on 5th is really good. Breakfast, pancake pantry. Arnold's is great for meat and three. Nashville's big thing is hot chicken, your hotel shouldn't be far from Hattie B's hot chicken. Pretty solid. All the bars close to Bridgestone are going to be just about the same. Country bars, venture over to second ave and check out Doc Holidays if you like something a little smaller. George Jones on 2nd is another good one.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #46
Gaaangs

Gaaangs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hit up Tootsies and Acme Feed and Seed. 2 cool bars on Broadway. Be careful with other bars on Broadway, a lot of tourist traps out there.
Gaaangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #47
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
Won't find many hole in the wall type spots near the arena, but as far as food goes. Martins BBQ on 4th ave is a personal favorite BBQ place. Pucketts grocery&Restaurant on 5th is really good. Breakfast, pancake pantry. Arnold's is great for meat and three. Nashville's big thing is hot chicken, your hotel shouldn't be far from Hattie B's hot chicken. Pretty solid. All the bars close to Bridgestone are going to be just about the same. Country bars, venture over to second ave and check out Doc Holidays if you like something a little smaller. George Jones on 2nd is another good one.
I will be down for the weekend - mostly interested in good spots to spend the entire Saturday watching games on tv. Any suggestions there?
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #48
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #49
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Someone explain why I shouldn't be worried about this game. For some reason I think Texas/Nevada would be easier. Man, I just want to get to the S16.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #50
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
Someone explain why I shouldn't be worried about this game. For some reason I think Texas/Nevada would be easier. Man, I just want to get to the S16.
We will kill them.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote