Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #101
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
The thing about Fredericks is he might not just come in to be on the team but actually be a starter. There's the chance Cronin starts both Cane and JJ but I highly doubt it. I think he will start two bigs. I think he will play the 4 guard lineup a lot throughout the season and even Cane and JJ at the same time but he wont start the game out that way. I think the starting 5 really will look like this:

Cane/Jennifer
Cumberland
Fredericks
Scott
Brooks

Cronin needs to go with Cane off the jump. Stop the nonsense.

I'm still hoping Jennifer transfers. I know that is mean to say but I cant help it. Just like the real good player for Creighton is going home for his last year. Jennifer could go play at UMBC or something
Now he might start?...am I missing something on this kid or what? Yes he scored 36 in his last game on alot of shots. That was his only 30pt game and he didn't score 20 much either.
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #102
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm telling you, we gotta start Nsoseme. That dude cannot play when we are in the bonus. And pretending his FT shooting is going to improve or whatever, is bs. He has no clue where the ball is going. Start him each half and have him go nuts for 6-7 minutes. If he fouls out, he fouls out. Brooks hasn't earned the starting spot anyway. If Cronin really is an "analytics guy", he may want to look into that approach. Bc if I'm the other coach, I'm putting in a scrub to foul Nsoseme at minimum for fouls 7-9. He'd be lucky to make 1 free throw in 3 1 and 1 trips.
I really like your point. Based on that I would start:

Broome
Cumberland
Recruit that we land and is amazing
Scott
Nsoseme

If we don't land that recruit then I'd start Moore at SG and move Cumberland to the 3.

Bring Williams off the bench to score in bunches (if he improves....fingers crossed), brooks off the bench for defense and Diarra of the bench to be a crazy wild card. Oh, and jenifer to run point slowly, run around the perimeter and shoot an open 3 every now and again. No idea how the Frosh fit.

Last edited by cincycpaw; 04-13-2018 at 01:36 PM.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #103
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Brooks
Scott
Cumberland
Moore
Jenifer

Guaranteed
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #104
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Brooks
Scott
Cumberland
Moore
Jenifer

Guaranteed
You’re probably right but I could still see Fredericks.. Didn’t Rubles come in and start right away or am I wrong?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #105
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I still think there's a good chance he goes to USF with him being from that area. If he does happen to choose USF I wont lose sleep over it but def would be pumped to land him.

If we happen to land Fredericks my overall excitement and talent expectations for this recruiting class would be:
1. Logan Johnson
2. Rashawn Fredericks
3. Laquill Hardnett

Last year was:
Keith Williams
Trevor Moore (thought he would be automatic from 3)
Mamoudou
Nsoseme

Id say now seeing them in their first year they are all tied to me having no clue how they will all turn out and have no clue how excited I am for them in their Bearcat future. Maybe Keith and Mamoudou have the highest ceiling?

Last year was no fun with the freshman recruits after going through Gary Clark as a freshman JEII then Cumberland

Last edited by GarradJ21; 04-13-2018 at 02:11 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #106
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You’re probably right but I could still see Fredericks.. Didn’t Rubles come in and start right away or am I wrong?
I don't think he started right away. He started 12 out of 34 games that year and I'd imagine it was later in the season.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #107
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Brooks
Scott
Cumberland
Moore
Jenifer

Guaranteed
Yeah. Smart money would be on this one for sure.

Brooks will kill it against the bad teams early and that'll cement his spot forever.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #108
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I still think there's a good chance he goes to USF with him being from that area. If he does happen to choose USF I wont lose sleep over it but def would be pumped to land him.

If we happen to land Fredericks my overall excitement and talent expectations for this recruiting class would be:
1. Logan Johnson
2. Rashawn Fredericks
3. Laquill Hardnett

Last year was:
Keith Williams
Trevor Moore (thought he would be automatic from 3)
Mamoudou
Nsoseme

Id say now seeing them in their first year they are all tied to me having no clue how they will all turn out and have no clue how excited I am for them in their Bearcat future. Maybe Keith and Mamoudou have the highest ceiling?

Last year was no fun with the freshman recruits after going through Gary Clark as a freshman JEII then Cumberland
The best team in the history of a conference shouldn't lose a key target to the worst team in the history of the conference. If that happens, I certainly won't lose sleep. But I'll have a lot to say about it. The playing time excuse didn't check out, so now we are working the location angle as our preemptive excuse. I can't freaking stand it.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #109
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
K. Williams homer here. I don't know why he played as bad as he did, but he has too much talent not to be a starter next year. I was actually thinking he might transfer, which I hope is not the case.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #110
All we do is Guyn

All we do is Guyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
K. Williams homer here. I don't know why he played as bad as he did, but he has too much talent not to be a starter next year. I was actually thinking he might transfer, which I hope is not the case.
I would bet Keith will start if Jacob leaves. I also think he will be subbed often for Trevor when he doesn't keep up with the defensive intensity, ala Kyle Washington this year. I forget which game it was this season where Jacob got in real foul trouble, Keith stepped in and did really well against an NBA talent type player on both ends of the floor. I just think Mick likes Trevor's defense more so he was the preferred option for giving guys short breathers.

JJ/Cane
Cumberland
Keith W
Tre
Brooks
All we do is Guyn is offline   Reply With Quote