Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #71
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Can someone explain to me why what Miller did is wire fraud? I get that it's obviously against NCAA investigations, but I guess I don't understand wire fraud enough to see how what Miller did constitutes that.
I heard on a podcast (maybe Dari and Mel? don't remember) they mentioned money crossing state lines has something to do with it. Idk though.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:08 PM   #72
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
https://youtu.be/p1K9z0m20h8

Mick must be laughing his behind off thinking about Sean millers current situation

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 02-25-2018 at 11:19 PM.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #73
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I heard on a podcast (maybe Dari and Mel? don't remember) they mentioned money crossing state lines has something to do with it. Idk though.
I think the FBI being involved Also has to do with some type of fraud taking place due to the athletes getting paid full ride scholarships and then making all of this money in addition on the side. Since they are, I believe, federal loans that may be part of the reason the FBI is involved.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:27 AM   #74
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I think the FBI being involved Also has to do with some type of fraud taking place due to the athletes getting paid full ride scholarships and then making all of this money in addition on the side. Since they are, I believe, federal loans that may be part of the reason the FBI is involved.
someone on here mention it is also federal schools to. back with Pitino
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #75
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Can someone explain to me why what Miller did is wire fraud? I get that it's obviously against NCAA investigations, but I guess I don't understand wire fraud enough to see how what Miller did constitutes that.
i thought the agents "runner" was the one who was tapped and Miller just happened to be on the phone with him.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #76
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal070508 View Post
i thought the agents "runner" was the one who was tapped and Miller just happened to be on the phone with him.
My guess is any time a hundred k is wired or given to someone and the government doesn't get a cut, like taxes, it's fraud.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #77
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
hard to know where this thing with sean miller goes now. he's claiming the conversation that espn said was tapped never happened.

was espn quick to pull a trigger cause yahoo was breaking all the news?

is arizona just saying F the ncaa, we will do what we want, go ahead and see if we care if you vacate wins.

i guess for all the schools caught up in this (with the yahoo leaks being more credible at this point) i guess it makes sense to play your players. you damage yourself by sitting them out the rest of the year. just hope nothing ever comes from the ncaa. and if it does, just hope its vacated wins down the road, who cares about that.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:55 PM   #78
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
hard to know where this thing with sean miller goes now. he's claiming the conversation that espn said was tapped never happened.

was espn quick to pull a trigger cause yahoo was breaking all the news?

is arizona just saying F the ncaa, we will do what we want, go ahead and see if we care if you vacate wins.

i guess for all the schools caught up in this (with the yahoo leaks being more credible at this point) i guess it makes sense to play your players. you damage yourself by sitting them out the rest of the year. just hope nothing ever comes from the ncaa. and if it does, just hope its vacated wins down the road, who cares about that.
Schlabach has gone into hiding.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #79
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Schlabach has gone into hiding.
and at the end of their article just released, espn says they stand by their reporting.

if what they reported isn't true, miller is going to be able to sue the crap out of them right?
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #80
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
and at the end of their article just released, espn says they stand by their reporting.

if what they reported isn't true, miller is going to be able to sue the crap out of them right?
I would certainly think so. That was pretty damaging.