Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #141
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
“Florida Gulf Coast grad transfer Haanif Cheatham will visit Nebraska this weekend. Averaged 13.2 points per game. Also looking at Arkansas, Arizona, Cincinnati and Virginia Tech”

Would love to get this guy, chances may be slim but in can dream
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #142
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Frederick

Someone told me Frederick is transferring--did I miss that?
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #143
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post

ive seen it posted all over the place but i dont know if i've seen anything official. i haven't looked for anything official though so it could be out there.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #144
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
He has put his name in the transfer portal yes.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #145
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I think there are 6 major contributors in our roster we don't want to lose.

Brooks, Scott, Cumberland, Williams, Johnson, Curtis

I think Scott is probably a go. I don't know the status of the rest although I think Williams will stay and Johnson seems a decent bet. Brooks who knows. Cumberland may test going pro just to get a feel. Curtis I have no idea. If we are going to be top 20 team we need Cumberland, Scott, Brooks and then hopefully 2 of the other 3 at min.

Still would be a good idea to get a grad transfer guard who can shoot regardless if we lose any of the guards. If we lose any of the guards we definitely need one. We might be able to get by with Diara in the case we lose Brooks but who knows.

Still a lot up in the air on the roster if we want to start the season in the top 25. Brannen seems like a smart good guy with a fun style and a good message to offer so I would think he can lock most of them down. Cumberland should be a go if he doesn't go pro. Curtis seems iffy but again Brannen should be able to sell him I would hope.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #146
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Hopefully Scott or someone like that can call a team meeting to get everyone on the same page and help keep the roster in tact.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #147
waterhead
Senior Moderator

A selling point for Brannen to keep the seniors on the roster. I think Scott is on board. Cumberland if he doesn't go pro. Brooks up in the air.

The career win leader at UC is Steve Logan at 111. Jenifer is 2nd at 107. The current seniors (for next season) have been around for 89 wins. It takes 23 wins to get to 112 and they would all tie for the most wins in UC history. That should be a slam dunk if they all return...and I think that is a pretty high honor to hold. They even have a chance to smash the record and remain there for a long long time. A dream season could put them closer to 120 wins although that would be difficult with a first year coach.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #148
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
A selling point for Brannen to keep the seniors on the roster. I think Scott is on board. Cumberland if he doesn't go pro. Brooks up in the air.

The career win leader at UC is Steve Logan at 111. Jenifer is 2nd at 107. The current seniors (for next season) have been around for 89 wins. It takes 23 wins to get to 112 and they would all tie for the most wins in UC history. That should be a slam dunk if they all return...and I think that is a pretty high honor to hold. They even have a chance to smash the record and remain there for a long long time. A dream season could put them closer to 120 wins although that would be difficult with a first year coach.
There are clearly a lot of good reasons for all the starters to stay. Sometimes that doesn’t matter though. I can’t wait for all this to settle down. I worry we may have the same conversation next off season with some players, but given Brannen style of play it should be minimized. I wouldn’t think most want to stay and play in that style.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:48 AM   #149
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
There are clearly a lot of good reasons for all the starters to stay. Sometimes that doesn’t matter though. I can’t wait for all this to settle down. I worry we may have the same conversation next off season with some players, but given Brannen style of play it should be minimized. I wouldn’t think most want to stay and play in that style.
I don't worry as much about next year as guys that would transfer out would likely not be the heavy minute guys. If we lose a couple of role players it will let Brannen get more of the guys in his system that he wants anyway so that could be a win win for us and even the transfers. This year, however, we could lose some potential major minute guys.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #150
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Lojo, Brooks and Cumberland are all at the early practices JB is allowed to have, that is a plus ( I know there is still a lot of time to transfer). I think Jarron will test the draft waters and go through all the workouts which is okay I would do the same thing just to get a feel of how it all works and where he stands, but I think he will be back. As for Samari no one really knows, have to remember he's still in high school until early June so I don't necessarily think he went silent to show he is decommitting, I think he just wants to kind of be a normal HS kid for the short time he has left. I think he shows up in mid June when recruits report for school and summer practice.