Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #191
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
So you agree....?
If someone gives him a draft guarantee (very unlikely), or if the league indicates he has a shot at the first round (also unlikely) he should bolt and never look back. If not, he would need to weigh what's important to him. He could play somewhere professionally for sure. PJ Tucker spent 5 years in Israel, Greece, Italy, Germany, and the Ukraine. He is now, at 33, a starter on a good NBA team and a valuable player (and a guy not entirely unlike Cumberland). The sooner you start down the professional road, the more years you have to possibly get paid - Tucker was 29 when he finally got a serious NBA deal.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #192
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Nysier Brooks has entered transfer portal. "Doesn't mean he will definitely transfer".
Old 04-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #193
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Apparently someone on twitter claims to know for a 100% fact that LoJo and Brooks are transferring and Samari is asking for his release. That same person has been hours ahead on breaking Bearcat news the last couple of weeks.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #194
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Apparently someone on twitter claims to know for a 100% fact that LoJo and Brooks are transferring and Samari is asking for his release. That same person has been hours ahead on breaking Bearcat news the last couple of weeks.
Heartbreaking.

Out of those 3 I'll be most disappointed in seeing LoJo go if he does. Was really looking forward to watching him develop, thought he would be special. A Devan Downey moment for sure.

Seems like the new coaches style fits his style of play amazingly as well. Thought he might turn him into a Jevon Carter type player.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #195
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Heartbreaking.

Out of those 3 I'll be most disappointed in seeing LoJo go if he does. Was really looking forward to watching him develop, thought he would be special. A Devan Downey moment for sure.

Seems like the new coaches style fits his style of play amazingly as well. Thought he might turn him into a Jevon Carter type player.
It's early and I may be overreacting here, but what little faith I had in Brannen is just about gone. I have this sneaky suspicion we better get used to the type of player he recruited at NKU. The 2 star at best, gritty, not huge amount of raw talent type player. If so, this fan base is going to lose their patience at an alarming rate.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #196
Emperor Snapper

Quote:
It's early and I may be overreacting here, but what little faith I had in Brannen is just about gone. I have this sneaky suspicion we better get used to the type of player he recruited at NKU. The 2 star at best, gritty, not huge amount of raw talent type player. If so, this fan base is going to lose their patience at an alarming rate.
Yeah, might want to wait for someone to actually leave, or for Brannen to sign his first recruit, before we make any sweeping judgments.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #197
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Yeah, might want to wait for someone to actually leave, or for Brannen to sign his first recruit, before we make any sweeping judgments.
Well losing Samari and LoJo definitely counts against him, that definitely doesn't deserve a free pass.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #198
Emperor Snapper

Quote:
Well losing Samari and LoJo definitely counts against him, that definitely doesn't deserve a free pass.
So at least wait until he has lost them? I mean, at this point it is nothing but rumor.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #199
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
So at least wait until he has lost them? I mean, at this point it is nothing but rumor.
So let's just say the rumors are true, looking more and more like they are, Brannen better have some damn good backup plans in place.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #200
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

good lord. step back in off the ledge. maybe at least wait until they are officially gone, but even then, this is an extreme take.

sucks to lose brooks if he goes, but Lojo might not have fit brannens system as he's definitely not a shooter. curtis seemed like a great get for us but at the end of the day is a fringe top 150 guy. if we can't survive losing a guy like that, we have much bigger problems.

things might not go as well next year as they otherwise could have, but its important to remember mick left us for a "better" job, so it could be a short term negative but long term positive.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote