Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2019, 05:55 PM   #221
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
How does that count against him? The first time he talked to either was probably a week ago
Agreed... bad take here by theone
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #222
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
There are all sorts of things that can cause a kid to transfer or even several...and it doesn’t need to have anything to do with the new coach. An old coach, a teammate not coming back, a new opportunity, get closer to home, a friend at another university, etc etc etc.

Would I like to think Brannen can sell them to stay? Of course but he might be fighting lost causes. Who knows. Let’s see him coach and recruit a little before we grade him out
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #223
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
There are all sorts of things that can cause a kid to transfer or even several...and it doesn’t need to have anything to do with the new coach. An old coach, a teammate not coming back, a new opportunity, get closer to home, a friend at another university, etc etc etc.

Would I like to think Brannen can sell them to stay? Of course but he might be fighting lost causes. Who knows. Let’s see him coach and recruit a little before we grade him out
We would all love them to stay but we were hearing rumors of some not staying the day of the hiring. To put that on the new coach is stupid. If Brannen is not a good coach, there will be plenty of time to trash him. Don’t know why some are trying to trash him 7 days in job.

Also, mick left. And we got a guy from the area that wants to be here. Let’s give him a chance
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #224
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
A lot to unpack here.

1st: If the "guy on Twitter" who has been ahead of everything is who I think it is, he's been bragging about how he knew Brannen was gonna be hired and that's it. Hardly breaking shit.

2. It's mind boggling that people are going to use this as some sort of ammo against Brannen. Turnover and coaching changes go hand in hand.

3. Keep in mind that a shit ton of people were calling for a coaching change...don't get all pissy about it now.

P.s. apparently Pettway is staying at Bama. The good news keeps on coming.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:18 AM   #225
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Agreed... bad take here by theone
Apparently people forgot about Devan Downey or all of the other players that leave after a coaching change. Some people are acting like this is an earth shattering event that doesn't happen all of the time. There's only what, 700 kids in the transfer portal this year?
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:30 AM   #226
CareBat

CareBat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
He is a very good X and O coach with subpar talent, which is fine in the Horizon.
Wait wasn't lack of Xs and Os most people's beef with Cronin once we landed in the AAC? Assuming that JB is stuck recruiting majority 3 stars like Cronin, this would seem to bode well.
CareBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #227
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
We would all love them to stay but we were hearing rumors of some not staying the day of the hiring. To put that on the new coach is stupid. If Brannen is not a good coach, there will be plenty of time to trash him. Don’t know why some are trying to trash him 7 days in job.

Also, mick left. And we got a guy from the area that wants to be here. Let’s give him a chance

I mean you kinda know why right? A group of people were convinced we could never do better than Cronin so since he’s gone it means the new guy must suck.

Somehow it’s brannens fault that mick left the program. Oh and bohns fault for being so mean to mick.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #228
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
People wanted Mick gone and then all of a sudden they are upset that some of his guys are leaving.... this is the consequence of a coach leaving. His players leave. Let’s be real most of these kids came to play for Mick not UC. I may be wrong on a few. But Logan Johnson isn’t coming from Cali to play at UC if Cronin isn’t here and there is no chance in hell we get JC if he didn’t live in Wilmington. To expect to lose a coach and everything remain the same is just dumb, the team will take a step back but before we bash Brannon let’s um I don’t know let him actually coach a game maybe?

Last edited by cincyalum2014; 04-20-2019 at 09:23 AM.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #229
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
People wated Mick gone and then all of a sudden they are upset that some of his guys are leaving....
no i dont think so. people that said we could never do better than mick are saying the ole i told you we'd suck if mick left.

people that wanted him gone, or at the least weren't upset he moved on understand this is part of the process and realize a short term hit is possible but that comes with the potential for a better future.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #230
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
also let’s assume Jarron leaves, brooks and Johnson transfer and Samari gets out of his LOI. What’s everyone’s thoughts on a starting lineup? (I am only using the players we have because I don’t know if any grad transfers we will get and we currently would have no one signed although I know we will get a few)

PG- ??Who the hell knows at this point (true freshman, Grad transfer)
G- Trevor Moore
G/F- Keith Williams
F- Diarra
F- Tre Scott
Bench:
Nsoseme
Prince
Laquill
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote