Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #21
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Really disappointing to see guys that I grew up idolizing act like complete children
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #22
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
It’s a damn shame that there are so many Huggins players that don’t support the program. It is really disappointing that Kenyon, most of all, threw the program under the bus. He has his damn jersey retired here....where is the respect for the current players, staff, and administration?
I’m not surprised, he is a diva, I’m sure if brannen starts winning he will come around to him, he made a couple snarky tweets at mick before as well; it’s weird to me he rips on uc like this at times cuz whenever he comes to games he gets treated like a god.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #23
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Not sure Kmart has been the best role model lately so who cares what he thinks anymore. As for the others I would suggest a well written and evidenced letter to the AD or board or Admin would look better and have more meaning than some snarky tweets. That’s not how you get interviews.

I like the hire (for now) lol!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:09 PM   #24
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
The NKU fans on twitter seem to think Shumate is a top candidate to replace Brannen as head coach. Seems like he's very popular among NKU fans. So would probably be a good get for us, but might not be available (though we might be able to offer him more money as an assistant then NKU can offer him to be head coach).
I'm guessing Shumate would like the job. I don't know much about him, but I remember Cronin congratulating him on getting hired at NKU. I think he really thought highly of Shumate.

I saw someone on Facebook mention Winthrop and XU grad Pat Kelsey as a possible NKU hire. Can't see that as a step up for him unless he wants to come home to this region.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #25
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
One guy I think might be an interesting hire (if they could get him) is Kyle Getter, who's Uof Virginia's Director of Recruiting/Player Development.

He's from Miamisburg OH. Also coached at VCU under Shaka Smart like Brannen. Liberty and Radford.

Strong recruiter.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:44 AM   #26
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
more getting in the party. Hicks, White, and I'm sure there will be more.

Anyway, i'd like to see NVE as an assistant. Good look for Brannen and i'd like to not have our ex-players keep talking shit about the program. People talk highly of Brannen's assistant at NKU but I'm sure he'll take over there.
I haven't seen anything negative on White's part. What did I miss from him?
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:46 AM   #27
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
KMart hasn't really been involved with UC consistently. Marshaled homecoming parade a few years back and hit up a couple practices. Has voiced his concerns with MC numerous times then shows up at Cronin's UCLA presser. Now this? I was really hoping he'd be better towards the university as a whole.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #28
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I agree, very immature and ill timed
has more class. KMart needs to keep his comments down. He needs to stay calm until the players decide about transferring and keeping/adding recruits.
collards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #29
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
I haven't seen anything negative on White's part. What did I miss from him?
Nah, he wasn't really negative. He first responded with "who is that?", Which sounded worse than it was. Then he clarified and said he's just out of the loop. He did mention that everyone has to start somewhere and just needs a shot (NVE reference?) And also stated he wants to get into coaching and needs to send his resume to UC, haha.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #30
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
KMart hasn't really been involved with UC consistently. Marshaled homecoming parade a few years back and hit up a couple practices. Has voiced his concerns with MC numerous times then shows up at Cronin's UCLA presser. Now this? I was really hoping he'd be better towards the university as a whole.

Seems odd for the Huggins guys to rarely come around the program and now have an issue because one of their buddies didn't get an interview.

I dont really have a problem if they never come back around. With us or against us.

NVE had the best thing to say of all of them this morning. He handled it with class. Hopefully the other guys fall in line after NVE said let's welcome brannen and help him succeed.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote