Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 08-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
BP should be embarrassed. His actions where beyond childish and unprofessional.

He gets paid ALOT of money to play a game AND to handle the media in an appropriate manor. Just absolutely ridiculous.

As for Dusty. His lack of action was absurd. BP should have been benched. Hell Dusty should have stood up and stopped the whole thing.

Im so sick of "athletes" who think they are entitled to do whatever they want because of there career.
Exactly how I feel, we need more Sean Casey-type athletes who know how to talk to the media and really take on a role in the community. Yes I think Casey is a horrible announcer, but he is the perfect example of how an athlete should act.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #12
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
After watching the clip on it, while I definitely don't condone what he did, it just sounds like he's blowing off steam. Yeah he went about it the wrong way. BP has been in the league for what, 10 years now? This is the first incident like this. Typically he is a media darling. And I still don't get why people are upset at Dusty? I know most people hate him so they will find anything to criticize him. First of all, he was caught off-guard by this and shouldn't have gotten into the middle of it. I'd rather my manger have his players backs than call a player out in front of the media. There's no saying what happened after the fact behind closed doors. Secondly, he's not Brandon's daddy. There is a thing called freedom of speech in this country. What Brandon said wasn't good, but it doesn't violate any sort of team rules, nor does it hurt the team in anyway. He even says to Rosecrans that he's "bringing negative shit to the team". And Rosecrans eggs him on a little bit at the end. It was an unfortunate incident, I'm sure Phillips regrets it knowing what kind of guy he is. I surely don't think it warrants a benching. And was this caught on air or was it after the press conference and someone just kept rolling film?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
It was an unfortunate incident, I'm sure Phillips regrets it knowing what kind of guy he is.

Do you Kno BP??? Cause unfortunately BP isn't that great of a guy... On camera he usually puts on the act. Behind camera, not so much...

And btw he doesnt regret it considering he was making more jokes about it in his last press conference.

BP's act is old. People will start to see past it eventually. SImply dont get why people actually enjoy the guys antics.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Do you Kno BP??? Cause unfortunately BP isn't that great of a guy... On camera he usually puts on the act. Behind camera, not so much...

And btw he doesnt regret it considering he was making more jokes about it in his last press conference.

BP's act is old. People will start to see past it eventually. SImply dont get why people actually enjoy the guys antics.
Do you know BP???

I know he still signs autographs at every game, I know stories I've heard of the good stuff he does. I don't think he doesn't feel the way he spoke about Rosecrans, but I would bet he regrets how he handled it. And to be honest with you what about his act bothers you so much? The bravado you display on this board kind of reminds me of the bravado BP puts out. Not trying to call you out, just saying. And yeah some don't like that type of bravado, I for one don't mind it as long as it is in good fun.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #15
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Do you Kno BP??? Cause unfortunately BP isn't

The Ocho Cinco of the Reds, the epitome of a knuckle head...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Do you know BP???

I know he still signs autographs at every game, I know stories I've heard of the good stuff he does. I don't think he doesn't feel the way he spoke about Rosecrans, but I would bet he regrets how he handled it. And to be honest with you what about his act bothers you so much? The bravado you display on this board kind of reminds me of the bravado BP puts out. Not trying to call you out, just saying. And yeah some don't like that type of bravado, I for one don't mind it as long as it is in good fun.
Im all good for fun banter/ fun cockyness.

I draw the line when you degrade someone whose just trying to do their job. Bp got called out and couldnt handle it. Its AMAZING how mentally fragile he is when it comes to the media. Could you imagine if he had to play in NY or Boston? He couldnt handle it...

Also the fact that he hasnt come out and apologized tells me alot. Messing up, getting caught in the moment.. thats one thing. But if you cant step up and own up to it as a mistake, nothing but a coward.

I thought it was ridiculous how Dusty sat there with a stupid grin the whole time.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Im all good for fun banter/ fun cockyness.

I draw the line when you degrade someone whose just trying to do their job. Bp got called out and couldnt handle it. Its AMAZING how mentally fragile he is when it comes to the media. Could you imagine if he had to play in NY or Boston? He couldnt handle it... Also the fact that he hasnt come out and apologized tells me alot. Messing up, getting caught in the moment.. thats one thing. But if you cant step up and own up to it as a mistake, nothing but a coward.

I thought it was ridiculous how Dusty sat there with a stupid grin the whole time.
That part I agree with. I also agree he should've apologized. I also agree that C. Trent had every reason to call out his stat line as his average has dipped. My whole point is this is his first incident like this and doesn't really reflect the Brandon we've always known. The guy's struggling and the team is losing and he snapped at getting called out. At least he's responded at the plate. I still have no problem with Dusty on this. Don't make a situation worse. I actually think Rosecrans was wrong for asking Dusty to address Phillips in front of the media during his outburst. I'd be willing to bet that behind closed doors Dusty addressed BP in some manner. Probably told him to shut his mouth and start hitting.