Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #591
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Fran Fraschilla is who covering SC30 Select Camp just tweeted this:

Bearcat fans, Troy Caupain has done terrific job of leading & playing at @StephenCurry30 Camp. Should have great summer & big senior year.

Good to see him making good impressions
Side note: Caupain was the 216th best player in the class of 2013, for those that still live and die by recruiting rankings.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #592
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Side note: Caupain was the 216th best player in the class of 2013, for those that still live and die by recruiting rankings.
Exactly. Dude has the potential to be the AAC player of the year and was never a highly touted player.

IMO if the top 10 in the cronin era is done after this season, You'd have to have troy pretty high the list.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #593
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Fran Fraschilla is who covering SC30 Select Camp just tweeted this:

Bearcat fans, Troy Caupain has done terrific job of leading & playing at @StephenCurry30 Camp. Should have great summer & big senior year.

Good to see him making good impressions
Thanks for sharing this...very cool to hear.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:25 AM   #594
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Maybe one day we'll shake this reputation.
I'm not even going to touch that title. Definitely more to it than you all obviously caught on to lol. Still laughing
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:58 AM   #595
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I saw Kyle Washington at CVG this morning. Didnt have a chance to speak with him but he looks like a baller. Can't wait to see him on the floor.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #596
UCalum08
Epic Member

Per Jon Rothstein twitter: AAC Preseason First-Team: Troy Caupain (UC), Damyean Dotson (Houston), Rodney Purvis (UConn), Gary Clark (UC), Dedric Lawson (Memphis).
Old 07-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #597
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Having bigs who can step out (Clark/Washington/Moore), guards who can drive (Broome/Jenifer/Cumberland), and wings who can shoot 3s (Evans/Moore) is the way to go imo.
Can Washington protect the rim? Will our on the ball D improve? If not we're in for a similar season as the last couple. I like that our offense has improved, but the defense has declined. I don't care what the rankings show.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #598
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Can Washington protect the rim? Will our on the ball D improve? If not we're in for a similar season as the last couple. I like that our offense has improved, but the defense has declined. I don't care what the rankings show.
Our defense needs to improve from last year to be successful this year. Just like you, I dont care what the numbers said, our defense had major holes last year. It costs us several games.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #599
David H

David H is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Any player that doesn't work hard should see the pine till he decides to, plain and simple. That being said, our team is primed to go tourney deep barring injury. Should be a terrific season!
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #600
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Here is his write up on the Bearcats:
3. Mick Cronin is looking to get offensive
Cincinnati has played in each of the last six NCAA Tournaments thanks its ferocious defense and ability to turn every game it played into a backyard brawl.

But don't be surprised if the Bearcats out score some teams next season -- seriously.
Cronin returns a pair of all-league players in Troy Caupain (13.0 points, 3.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists in 2015-16) and Gary Clark (10.4 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks in 15-16) while sophomore Jacob Evans is on the heels of a 26-point, nine-rebound performance in an NCAA Tournament loss to Saint Joseph's.
Add NC State transfer Kyle Washington along with four-star recruit Jarron Cumberland and Cincinnati has legitimate options for the first time in a long time on the offensive side of the floor.
A word to the wise: keep an eye on Washington.
The 6-9 lefty averaged 6.8 points and 4.1 rebounds in 17.8 minutes two years ago with the Wolfpack and has a will to get better each time he takes the floor.
A relentless worker, Washington has a legitimate chance to be the best offensive big man that Cronin has coached at Cincinnati.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote