Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #511
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
I'm starting to reach my breaking point. Pull the plug on this mid-major bs.

I looked up this dude awhile back when I saw he was linked to us. Outside of us he has offers from Elon, George Washington, Old Dominon, and Va. Tech. He's not even rated.

I know, I know, recruiting rankings don't mean everything and neither do offers, but this type of signing does absolutely nothing for me.

Two years into recruiting, with all of the PT to offer you could possibly imagine, playing in a brand new arena, and this is the type of players we can land?

We've been sittting at not a single spot filled for 2021 all year and this is who finally closes the deal on? And a stretch 4? Great. Is Brannen incapable of recruing legitimate post players?

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick. These past few days have ruined any goodwill I have for Brannen. It seems like we're going to be firmly stuck in the ECU and Tulane level of program for the forseeable future.
We won the league last year and went to the championship game this year. Yeah Tulane Jr.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #512
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
We won the league last year and went to the championship game this year. Yeah Tulane Jr.
Lol.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:37 AM   #513
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I've been high on Bryson for a bit now. If guys liked Mason, they are going to like Bryson too.

Yes he's going to get bullied early on in the paint. But he does appear to be an active rebounder and he has deep range.

Also fwiw this was less than a month ago from Bryson

First of all, what schools would you say are recruiting you the hardest right now?

“Cincinnati, and Arizona State are recruiting me the hardest right now. Pitt, Texas A&M, Creighton, Georgia Tech, Davidson, College of Charleston, New Mexico, and Maryland have had interest from some time now and have been keeping up with my season so far.”
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #514
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Went to the championship game is exactly the type of boast a Tulane Jr would use.

Three way tie for the league on the back of Cronin recruits and carried by the exact type of athletic big man that Brannen seems unable to recruit.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #515
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Went to the championship game is exactly the type of boast a Tulane Jr would use.

Three way tie for the league on the back of Cronin recruits and carried by the exact type of athletic big man that Brannen seems unable to recruit.
Bro you’re never gonna have anything go to say, so it really doesnt matter. We made it there on the play of Brannens recruits. Of course I would have like to win, but after such a rough season. Yeah it was a pretty nice accomplishment.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:42 AM   #516
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bro you’re never gonna have anything go to say, so it really doesnt matter. We made it there on the play of Brannens recruits. Of course I would have like to win, but after such a rough season. Yeah it was a pretty nice accomplishment.
When I supported Mick, other fans said that making NCAA tournament games wasn't good enough.

Now those fans are trying to celebrate accomplishments such as getting blown out in the AAC tournament finals.

Brannen's biggest accomplishments thus far are underperforming teams and losing players left-and-right. Not a lot to celebrate.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:42 AM   #517
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Bingo. Enough with this "Brannen won the league last year" bullshit. It was with Cronin's players, the American was a 2 or 3-bid league , they didn't even look particularly good doing it, and they were still squarely on the NCAA bubble as like a 10-seed at best.

Last edited by UCats329; 03-18-2021 at 10:45 AM.
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:43 AM   #518
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When I supported Mick, other fans said that making NCAA tournament games wasn't good enough.

Now those fans are trying to celebrate accomplishments such as getting blown out in the AAC tournament finals.

Jon Rycek has celebrated anything that UC has done for years now. He's always optimistic and looking forward no matter who the coach here has been.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #519
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:

Brannen's biggest accomplishments thus far are underperforming teams and losing players left-and-right. Not a lot to celebrate.
I support both coaches, I’m not sold on Brannen by far right now and I wouldn’t mind if we parted ways but I’m still gonna support him because he is an extension of our program. And as far as Mick, I hate the narrative we only made it this far, we still had one of the longest streaks of making the tourney in the NCAA. Mick may not me a “great” coach but he is a very good one. Now that he is at UCLA and getting stud recruits, he will make a run. I wish we could have kept him, but he decided to leave, time to move on.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:46 AM   #520
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Jon Rycek has celebrated anything that UC has done for years now. He's always optimistic and looking forward no matter who the coach here has been.
That’s absolutely right, optimism. I’m just so pathetic for being happy.