Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #541
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
That’s a common move of a couple of them on here.
Yea, makes discussion difficult. Differing viewpoints are understandable but just making things up or “hearing things from a guy that overheard someone else talking about a rumor” gets really old.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #542
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
And as far as Mick, I hate the narrative we only made it this far, we still had one of the longest streaks of making the tourney in the NCAA. Mick may not me a “great” coach but he is a very good one. Now that he is at UCLA and getting stud recruits, he will make a run. I wish we could have kept him, but he decided to leave, time to move on.
He "left" because Mike Bohn wouldn't extend his deal and instead offered him an effective pay cut.

This was all highly preventable.
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #543
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Yeah, that's bs. I've been one of Brannen's biggest supporters all along. I was also never a very big Mick fan. I'm surprised you don't remember that from the old BCN days. (PS What happened to your boy the thegreatone?)

I'm sorry, but if people aren't looking at what's going on right now and are ticked off then I guess they're just a lot more positive and accepting than me.

I see little to no hope moving forward this coach. He's a lame duck.
I remember... I would assume lurking.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #544
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
According to 247 vt did offer
They offered him in April 2020, but they backed off at some point after the offer. Happens all the time for various reasons. Maybe they got a guy who fill the role they were recruiting him for. Maybe they just saw something they didn't like. All I know is a month ago they weren't still in on him.

This quote was actually from Cincruz on this thread, just a few pages back.

Bryson Spell, less than a month ago. “Cincinnati, and Arizona State are recruiting me the hardest right now. Pitt, Texas A&M, Creighton, Georgia Tech, Davidson, College of Charleston, New Mexico, and Maryland have had interest from some time now and have been keeping up with my season so far.”

Last edited by skyblade; 03-18-2021 at 11:51 AM.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #545
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I remember... I would assume lurking.
I head a rumor that him and Ralph were in fact the same person. True?
Old 03-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #546
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
He "left" because Mike Bohn wouldn't extend his deal and instead offered him an effective pay cut.

Glad he is gone
Old 03-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #547
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
I head a rumor that him and Ralph were in fact the same person. True?
And bulldog and bearcat mick?
Old 03-18-2021, 11:55 AM   #548
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post

Cool, this again
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:56 AM   #549
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
They offered him in April 2020, but they backed off at some point after the offer. Happens all the time for various reasons. Maybe they got a guy who fill the role they were recruiting him for. Maybe they just saw something they didn't like. All I know is a month ago they weren't still in on him.

This quote was actually from Cincruz on this thread, just a few pages back.

Bryson Spell, less than a month ago. “Cincinnati, and Arizona State are recruiting me the hardest right now. Pitt, Texas A&M, Creighton, Georgia Tech, Davidson, College of Charleston, New Mexico, and Maryland have had interest from some time now and have been keeping up with my season so far.”
But like you said it can happen for all kinds of reasons, maybe some of those teams backed off because they saw he had more interest in other programs and didn’t see a chance at landing him. But for your narrative it’s because he wasn’t as good or it was in some way his fault.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #550
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
But like you said it can happen for all kinds of reasons, maybe some of those teams backed off because they saw he had more interest in other programs and didn’t see a chance at landing him. But for your narrative it’s because he wasn’t as good or it was in some way his fault.
My narrative is that from what we can tell, we are the highest major school that offered him and was still pursuing him.

Maybe ASU, Pitt and others never offered him because they knew they couldn't beat out an imploding UC program. Who knows.

My guess is he is seeing all the transfers and knows he better get on a team before spots start to fill up. He gave up waiting on and hoping for a high major offer and took the best offer available.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote