Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2021, 07:02 PM   #641
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Is there more than one player that has actually said Brannen lies and Deceives? I haven’t seen that yet
Right, at this point it’s apparently from a guy who we all know we weren’t his first choice. He wasn’t happy, that was visible many different times throughout the season.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:03 PM   #642
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Is there more than one player that has actually said Brannen lies and Deceives? I haven’t seen that yet
Officially, nobody has said it I don't think.

Unofficially. The Cincy slangin podcast from a few months ago that first claimed things were sour behind the scenes cited one or both transfers. There's reason to believe that it was both. Which means Harvey and/or Rap as claiming Brannen promised things recruiting and didn't deliver in reality. Plus that he lied to them and was a terror in the locker room.

Then we've got the same claims echoed by Mikey Saunders once he left at the end of the year.

From Eason it's pretty telling that he (along with Saunders and Harvey) did not thank the coaching staff in his statement. He did thank fans and the city of Cincinnati.

Williams article seems to indicate that it's multiple players as well.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:05 PM   #643
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
That’s what the player says after the fact, now.. we have been talking about how likely it was that Harvey would transfer all season. Now it was just speculation and he NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Sorry my BS radar is going off. Could he have been a little smarter about the way he dealt with it, possibly, but we don’t even know what was said. Again it’s all second hand speculation at this point. You really would call him a dunce if he was talking to a recruit and said there’s a possible chance of even more minutes opening up because I believe one of our players may transfer at the end of the season.. and you’re saying the kid should deal with that, without having any intention of transferring before just immediately decide he is going to transfer now and not even discuss it with the coach?
I don’t have the patience to type out a full response on my phone. But you clearly aren’t seeing the evident picture here
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:05 PM   #644
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
The main issue with the brannen stories is he is pitting a unified locker room and team against one another. This “UC is a family” is absolute horse shit,

He’s undermining his own culture. That seems really strange for a leader of young men to do,

To me his issues are personality flaws and you can’t fix those over night:
- lacks empathy
-pits his team against one another instead of uniting them
-out of touch with this generation of recruits
-he maybe a sociopath. He probably doesn’t even tell his kids he loves them
- is singularly focused on growing grass, while constantly forgetting to water it (he’s a bad Gardener)
-plays favoritism in a way that alienates other players.

We ain’t firing him unless we can pay a former to come up with juicy story. So we gotta live with this out of touch ass hole. So he better win. Or I hope the pressure keeps him awake at night until he resigns.

Because he is not longer just a coach I always thought was in over his head, he’s now a guy who is threatening to completely destroy UC basketball for multiple years to come. That’s way different

Just win John:
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:08 PM   #645
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Right, at this point it’s apparently from a guy who we all know we weren’t his first choice. He wasn’t happy, that was visible many different times throughout the season.
Friend sent me this

https://i.imgur.com/156Xzxr.jpg
Old 03-18-2021, 07:08 PM   #646
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Are you related to John ?
Old 03-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #647
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
At minimum it is from both Harvey and Saunders. At most it could include just about everybody. The only players who I've seen absolutely nothing that hints about them disliking Brannen are MAW, Lakhin, DDJ and Keith. But none of them have come out recently in support of Brannen either. All four of them have been pretty much silent.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #648
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Tomorrow. Commit will announce.
Just got word it’s actually Chris Vogt recommitting on a lifetime contract
Old 03-18-2021, 07:14 PM   #649
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Just got word it’s actually Chris Vogt recommitting on a lifetime contract
This doesn't seem accurate. Source?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:17 PM   #650
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Seems like that's where the fan investigation is going. There's a recently started thread over on 247 that Brannen had problems at NKU to (it's VIP though and I don't pay for access). I imagine details will start to come out fairly quickly as NKU is local enough for a lot of people to be connected.

Hopefully the university is following the same course on their investigations. As I mentioned elsewhere, Cincy Slangin claims that it will cost us 500k less to fire Brannen after April 1st (not sure where they get that from though), so I'm going to continue to hold out hope until then.