Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-20-2021, 09:37 PM   #261
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Yeah, if he is actually an elite defender and can return to 2019-20 offensive form, I'll be excited. The 42 true shooting percentage and high turnover rate is what I saw at first glance. Hopefully he can move past that.

which was so weird since he had a 53.7 TS in 2020 and 14.6 turnover rate. I'm just going to choose to ignore last year.

23 vs #5 louisville
18 vs #6 FSU
14 vs #3 Duke
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:47 PM   #262
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
he battled a knee injury last year that he suffered in the last game on 2020. had to delay offseason surgery because of Covid.

Hopefully he can be 100% next year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:50 PM   #263
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
He would be a great complement to one of the scoring juco wings we're targeting. And he's another lefty along with MAW. I'm still dreaming about Langston Wilson, which would give us 3 lefties.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:07 PM   #264
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I see a lot of Keith Williams in him.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:17 PM   #265
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
We can win quickly with athletic wings in this league. Newman former top 100 recruit. Miller going to continue get his players from CP3 AAU, one of top if not best aau organization in nation. I’m pretty sure Miller family has some inside connections to team
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:25 PM   #266
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I see a lot of Keith Williams in him.
I agree, his 2019-20 highlights remind me a lot of Keith.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:59 PM   #267
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
He’s our highest rated player coming out of high school. I hope he doesn’t think this his team
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:08 AM   #268
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Solid get. We have up to 8 spots to fill so this guy can definitely have one of them.
Yep. Can the guy play 10 minutes and not get completely over-matched? If yes, then sign him up. We need a couple more of these guys to fill out a roster. Preferably 6’7 and above.

We also need good players but those are harder to find.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:33 AM   #269
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yep. Can the guy play 10 minutes and not get completely over-matched? If yes, then sign him up. We need a couple more of these guys to fill out a roster. Preferably 6’7 and above.

We also need good players but those are harder to find.
I would agree, I don't think he comes in and dominates by any means, but if he can get back to his sophomore year self I think he can be a nice piece to this team and as someone already said, he is a body and we need a lot of those right now. He only has two years of eligibility left which is nice to if he doesn't work out. Has anyone head anything about DDJ? He was pretty committed to JB and we are looking at a lot guards in the portal right now, so that was just something that caught my eye.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:38 AM   #270
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I would agree, I don't think he comes in and dominates by any means, but if he can get back to his sophomore year self I think he can be a nice piece to this team and as someone already said, he is a body and we need a lot of those right now. He only has two years of eligibility left which is nice to if he doesn't work out. Has anyone head anything about DDJ? He was pretty committed to JB and we are looking at a lot guards in the portal right now, so that was just something that caught my eye.
Who knows about DDJ. It sucks for him, he left a really big school to come here, and the coach isn’t here anymore. I feel for the guy. I haven’t heard anything though. Still weird how he left last year and came back.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote