Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-30-2021, 09:07 AM   #241
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
After watching a mix tape and Abdulsalam I think he can play at this level (probably right away). He doesn't shy away from contact, has a high motor, can rebound, has good enough ball skills to back a player down to the block, has good foot movement/quick drop step in post, passes the ball pretty well, can take his man from perimeter to the rack at times, knows how to get position for entry pass to the block.

Not sure on his defense or blocking ability but I would imagine they are at least average or better since he seems pretty athletic. Probably doesn't shoot much outside of near the rim.

If we get two bigs...I would definitely be on board if he is one of them. And if we strike out on other portal impact bigs...I would still be okay with him.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:08 AM   #242
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Is Abdulsalam even in the portal ?
I don't know but I don't think Hensley or McGinnis were either until they were and we snatched them up within a day
Old 04-30-2021, 09:34 AM   #243
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Abdulsalam is not in the portal. He doesn't seem thrilled about the idea based on his only post about it.

twitter.com/moneymo_4/status/1385290790985928710
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #244
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't know but I don't think Hensley or McGinnis were either until they were and we snatched them up within a day
Very good point.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:09 PM   #245
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Abdulsalam is not in the portal. He doesn't seem thrilled about the idea based on his only post about it.

twitter.com/moneymo_4/status/1385290790985928710
For some reason that link didn't work for me but I will take your word for it maybe he's not interested in transferring. I also don't know if he would be a take for CWM who knows
Old 04-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #246
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

A couple outside the box possibilities are Ryan Hawkins from NW Missouri St (D2) and EJ Onu from Shawnee St (NAIA). Both teams won the championships of their divisions, and both are big men who can shoot.

Hawkins has stated he will stay close to home, so the 10 hour drive to Clifton might be considered too far. Shawnee St is only a couple hours away in Portsmouth, but Onu has NBA potential and a lot of major programs are interested.

Last edited by sedziobs; 04-30-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #247
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
For some reason that link didn't work for me but I will take your word for it maybe he's not interested in transferring. I also don't know if he would be a take for CWM who knows
He retweeted LePore's announcement with a crying gif.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #248
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
A couple outside the box possibilities are Ryan Hawkins from NW Missouri St (D2) and EJ Onu from Shawnee St (NAIA). Both teams won the championships of their divisions, and both are big men who can shoot.

Hawkins has stated he will stay close to home, so the 10 hour drive to Clifton might be considered too far. Shawnee St is only a couple hours away in Portsmouth, but Onu has NBA potential and a lot of major programs are interested.
Onu would be a fantastic get. I see that Corie Blount Jr was a teammate of his this past season (although he redshirted).

Not sure if Blount Sr is in good standing with the university (given his legal troubles from a decade ago), but if there's any way we could leverage that relationship to get Onu at least in for a visit, I'd love to see it.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:40 PM   #249
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Langston Wilson picked Washington.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:31 PM   #250
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quincy Guerrier from Syracuse entered the draft in March but also entered the transfer portal today. 6'7" PF who can score, rebound, and block shots.