Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler Cat View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Coyne doesn't play QB. I've heard from some area HS coaches that he's a bit overrated at a QB but has a defensive/LB type toughness.
Definitely possible. He is a good athlete for sure. I think he will have every chance to win the QB job. Overrated or not, the kid seemed to perform pretty well at the camps he went to. It will be interesting to see how he comes back from the collarbone injury as well. The reason you sign more than one QB is because it is almost always a crap shoot. Would anyone have thought Tony Pike would lead this team to an undefeated season and BCS bowl game when he committed to UC? That's what makes recruiting and college sports so great!
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #12
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
MikeDyer Coyne just told me he is going to UC to play quarterback. Says speculation about him changing positions is inaccurate

From Twitter
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Maybe Butch can pull a coup and get this kid to follow his QB to Cincinnati?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/cincinnati/f...-Taylor-118152

His offer list is pretty impressive already:

Cincinnati
Florida Atlantic
Florida State
Kentucky
North Carolina State
Northwestern
Purdue

Great size at 6'5" 215 LB with room to grow into his frame.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote