Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-16-2021, 10:11 PM   #1
KennyFreaselefteye

KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
Potential Coaching Candidates

Not ready to surrender and call the Brannen hire a dud yet, but it’s becoming hard to support him. Inherited a really good situation and has struggled to get his players to consistently play hard, close out games and wisely balance scholly positions (IE- Centers) or lack there of.

If he were to go, I believe we have a home run hire in our backyard. A.W Hamilton, Head Coach at Eastern Kentucky. He’s a Georgetown native, so he knows the area. He was Head Coach at Hargrave Military and has helped produce the likes of Montrez Harrell and Terry Rozier.

The guy is a hustler. Everything Brannen isn’t, Hamilton is. The guy is full of energy and his teams rub off on him. They play harder than everyone and he coaches like a maniac. Full court press all game. They’re tough and they run. The style would be a match made in heaven and his personality would be a hit. He’s going to be big time. Also, his team is 17-5 this year and doing better than just about any EKU team in history. Look him up and start the chatter if JB doesn’t clean it up soon.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Hi Mr Hamilton. It's nice to meet you.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #3
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
To late to get mr. Hamilton back on here?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
KennyFreaselefteye

KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
He’s 90 minutes up the road. It’s him or Pitino as slam dunk hires. I get trying to give Brannen a fair chance, but the body language of his teams alone just don’t get it done for me. Hope I’m wrong.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:44 AM   #5
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Or John Beilein... he’s 68, maybe we get him for 5-6 years and he grooms an assistant to take over?
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:07 AM   #6
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Or John Beilein... he’s 68, maybe we get him for 5-6 years and he grooms an assistant to take over?
I’d love John beilein
Old 02-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #7
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I'd take him tomorrow but there's no way he'd be interested in a program like ours when he can take his pick of nearly any open high major position in the country.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #8
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I'd take him tomorrow but there's no way he'd be interested in a program like ours when he can take his pick of nearly any open high major position in the country.
I don’t know if he can go wherever he wants, he is 68 years old.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #9
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
We could go back to the local, Horizon league well and hit up Scott Nagy at Wright State.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #10
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
We could go back to the local, Horizon league well and hit up Scott Nagy at Wright State.
I've been on this train since Cronin left. But admittedly it's just based on past performance. I don't know much about him or any connections. There's probably some reason no major program has snatched him.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote