Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2021, 07:42 PM   #661
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
You can’t hire a new coach in a day. We lose the biggest transfer market in history if we were to fire now. You fire him and start a coaching search and that coach is way behind the 8 ball again
But they can be actively making up their list of coaching candidates right now. If Brannen is fired I imagine the coaching search won't take long.

Also, we are pretty much in rebuild mode right now anyway. Firing Brannen would be about improving us 2/3 years down the line. Next year is looking like a wash no matter what.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:43 PM   #662
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If you are going to fire a guy with “cause”, you better have a strong case or it will cost you more money than buying the guy out. I haven’t heard anything that comes close to being able to fire the guy without paying him.

Even Justin Williams on mo egger today said the players said it wasn’t abuse or mean spirited, it was more of a trust issue. That’s not going to do it.
All John Brannen did was stack the cards against himself being successful at UC.

He will face the consequence of this year for the rest of his time here in every recruiting battle he’s in where we compete with other high majors.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #663
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Wsu loses to drake... exactly how they lost to uc with Gilbert taking the last 3
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:45 PM   #664
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
We all can hope all we want, but there is not enough to fire him from want we had heard. Not even close. If this was court, what would be your case? Players left? Ok. They said they don’t trust him? Ok
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:45 PM   #665
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
But they can be actively making up their list of coaching candidates right now. If Brannen is fired I imagine the coaching search won't take long.

Also, we are pretty much in rebuild mode right now anyway. Firing Brannen would be about improving us 2/3 years down the line. Next year is looking like a wash no matter what.
If they fire him do the guys that stayed transfer? Lol
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:48 PM   #666
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Wsu loses to drake... exactly how they lost to uc with Gilbert taking the last 3
I think WSU fans will be glad when Gilbert is gone. He takes way too many shots and makes way too many bad decisions for a guy who isn't that good of a shooter and is surrounded by elite shooters like Etienne and Dennis.

They need a Justin Jenifer type PG who is a distributor first and can knock down a three when open.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #667
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
All John Brannen did was stack the cards against himself being successful at UC.

He will face the consequence of this year for the rest of his time here in every recruiting battle he’s in where we compete with other high majors.
He definitely didn’t help his self, but you can’t just fire a guy and not pay him because of rumors. Especially when the worst rumors are that he lied. That’s not illegal.

Also he’s not the only coach in America that tell players lies. Not saying it’s right but we need to grow up a bit
Old 03-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #668
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
We all can hope all we want, but there is not enough to fire him from want we had heard. Not even close. If this was court, what would be your case? Players left? Ok. They said they don’t trust him? Ok
I think mental health of players would be their best bet. Who knows what the investigation will turn up, they've got a lot more info than we do.

Could there also be some sort of agreement, like either we fire you without cause but release the results of the investigation. Or keep the results quiet and you resign but we pay you 3 million.

Who knows. I think if they decide it's enough to fire him they will do so even if it means ponying up 4.5 mil. But I expect they will do their best to reduce or eliminate that number.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:53 PM   #669
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He definitely didn’t help his self, but you can’t just fire a guy and not pay him because of rumors. Especially when the worst rumors are that he lied. That’s not illegal.

Also he’s not the only coach in America that tell players lies. Not saying it’s right but we need to grow up a bit
There is no cause. They either at paying up or he will be back.

Regardless JB certainly backed himself into a corner.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:56 PM   #670
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I think mental health of players would be their best bet. Who knows what the investigation will turn up, they've got a lot more info than we do.

Could there also be some sort of agreement, like either we fire you without cause but release the results of the investigation. Or keep the results quiet and you resign but we pay you 3 million.

Who knows. I think if they decide it's enough to fire him they will do so even if it means ponying up 4.5 mil. But I expect they will do their best to reduce or eliminate that number.
I mean COVID isn’t his fault. It’s not his fault the players can’t leave their room. If mental health is the best you got, might as well save your time