Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-04-2021, 08:09 PM   #31
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
It wasn’t everyone either. MAW had an impact on this game in more ways than one.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #32
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Mason some how takes the 2nd most shots on the team and ends up with just 3 points.

Freshmen played a lot of minutes against a bottom feeder power 5 team and combine for 3-17

This team needs serious talent to compete next year. Like scrappy tough alphas otherwise it will be be another rough year.
I have ZERO problems with a shooter taking shots
Old 03-04-2021, 08:16 PM   #33
waterhead
Senior Moderator

We had a lot more problems turning over than missing shots
Old 03-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #34
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Keith was awful in crunch time again
Old 03-04-2021, 08:21 PM   #35
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Eason needs to learn to play within his capabilities, 6 TO's, mostly trying to do to much on offense.

Mason doesn't have much value if he's not making 3's. Without Saunders (injured, don't think he'd played in the 2nd half) he had to be on the floor, but didn't do a lot.

Diarra also needs to play within his capabilities, he seems to want to showcase his offensive skills and more often than not his offensive skills are TO's.

The whole team needs to get tougher and rebound better. Vandy was smaller and isn't a particularly good rebounding team, but beat us badly on the glass.

Pippen showed us what a real NBA talent looks like, we have nobody on the team who is even near his level.

Vogt was worthless, abused on defense and ineffective on offense despite a massive size advantage.

Keith, MAW and Davenport played pretty well, though Davenport struggled on defense and Keith only had 2 rebounds. The last 4 minutes though, they stopped caring about playing team basketball and just tried to go 1v5.

This looked like a poorly coached team. From lack of effort, toughness, rebounding and defense. Eason and Diarra trying to do too much on offense, Keith and MAW playing hero ball at the end. Their young, it's Covid, there are excuses, but Brannen has had a whole season and this is the result. Next year there are no more excuses, so he better coach up a much better product on the court.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:32 PM   #36
waterhead
Senior Moderator

See you later I love you

Keith
Vogt
Dou

Tari...better get your shit together
Old 03-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #37
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Vogt , Diarra .... thanks for playing and giving effort to UC but you can take that jersey off and never put it on again.... if you want to play next year go to a new school.... Vogt is Adam H level and I’m not kidding
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:37 PM   #38
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I have ZERO problems with a shooter taking shots
I also have zero issues with a shooter shooing .... shooters have bad games , that’s just the nature of the beast
Old 03-04-2021, 08:40 PM   #39
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

This team is just so soft, they are full of wannabe tough guys.... Give me Davenport, DDJ and Tari (because of potential).... everyone else , I couldn’t care less if you stay or go , they are all a dime a dozen at our level of basketball..... which is A10 status
Old 03-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #40
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
This team is just so soft, they are full of wannabe tough guys.... Give me Davenport, DDJ and Tari (because of potential).... everyone else , I couldn’t care less if you stay or go , they are all a dime a dozen at our level of basketball..... which is A10 status
Disagree here. I will take Mikey and Madsen and maw. And likely Gabe too