Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-07-2021, 09:13 PM   #31
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Was any update on Saunders given pre or post-game?

Seems like his injury is not that bad and he was likely held out as a precaution.

I saw him do a little celebration run after Mason's alley-oop to Eason.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:30 PM   #32
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
lol, good ol Skyblade. had nothing to do with UC, just ECU. well except Vogt, him not being on the court..that too. maybe also Dou's cheering from the bench?
I was going to say the same thing. It’s always how bad the other team messed up. Oh well. We get lucky...I guess that’s good
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:33 PM   #33
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Hope gabe comes back. Having shooters like that is such a weapon. Other teams are constantly worried about them. Opens everything up.
Uh...yah! If Gabe is as good as or better than Mason at shooting it’s going to be fun. I don’t know if we can play them both together a lot next year but we can tag team for 40 minutes. Defensively we need some help if they are both in.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:34 AM   #34
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Was any update on Saunders given pre or post-game?

Seems like his injury is not that bad and he was likely held out as a precaution.

I saw him do a little celebration run after Mason's alley-oop to Eason.
Tried to go today wasn't there. Should be good by Friday
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:50 AM   #35
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Anybody wanna tell me how Tari got credited with just 1 block? Officials and official scorer appear to be completely blind.

I remember 3 off the top of my head. The alley oop block, and then he blocked a guy under the rim then blocked his put back.

I thought he had at least 4 and went to the box score and couldn't figure out how on earth he only got 1.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #36
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Anybody wanna tell me how Tari got credited with just 1 block? Officials and official scorer appear to be completely blind.

I remember 3 off the top of my head. The alley oop block, and then he blocked a guy under the rim then blocked his put back.

I thought he had at least 4 and went to the box score and couldn't figure out how on earth he only got 1.
Not sure how many they missed but this kid has tremendous timing. He also can strip a ball from a player as fast and clean as anyone I can remember here. He was on the ground for a loose ball and delivered a quick strike to start the break. Shows great control on lobs to finish.

If he can reduce fouls, slow down his game, and take better care of the ball overall...he's gonna be every bit the problem Clark was. I would like to see him doing less with the ball and go straight to the rack next year similar to what Davenport is doing now. He loses too many balls trying to be too slick.

All of the young guys need to be more careful with cross court passes and they probably will as they learn the speed of the game.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:37 AM   #37
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Some might have been classified as steals, since he had 3 of those. I don't know how they make that distinction. It also matters for the offensive player, since I believe a block counts as a missed shot and a steal counts as a turnover.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #38
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Some might have been classified as steals, since he had 3 of those. I don't know how they make that distinction. It also matters for the offensive player, since I believe a block counts as a missed shot and a steal counts as a turnover.
I did think about that, but his steals (at least 2 of them) led to dunks for him at the other end and those were in the 2nd half.

He got the blocks in the first half.

Ok I just looked up the play-by-play summary and he didn't get credit for the block on the alley oop, and the only one he was credited for was the second of the back to back blocks on the same guy at 8:16 of the first half.

Actually they credited Madsen with the alley oop block. I can totally see how they mixed them up.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:59 AM   #39
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually they credited Madsen with the alley oop block. I can totally see how they mixed them up.
Yeah, if you take the "E" in Eason and rotate it 90 degrees, then it looks like Mason. Easy mistake.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote