Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 05-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
(Very) Early Heisman Buzz

The Favorites:
1. Dion Lewis, RB, Pittsburgh
Lewis began last season under the radar, but he finished his first season at Pittsburgh as the most decorated freshman in the country. Lewis will be on everyone’s radar this year, and I expect very big things from him in the upcoming season.

2. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State
Pryor ended last season with a huge game in a Rose Bowl win against Oregon. Expect him to carry that success over into next season. The Buckeyes’ schedule is set up for them to have a very good year, so expect Pryor to be in the Heisman talk all season.

3. Ryan William, RB, Virginia Tech
Like Lewis, Ryan Williams burst onto the college football scene last year. Williams ran for 1,655 rushing yards and 21 touchdowns last year. With Williams and the Hokies being preseason favorites in the ACC, expect big things in his sophomore campaign.

4. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
Since Kellen Moore burst onto the scene at Boise State, he has done nothing but win games and put up impressive stats. If Boise State wins against Virginia Tech and runs the table, expect Moore to get serious Heisman buzz.

5. Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State
Rodgers will try to add the Heisman Trophy to his list of awards he has won during his college career. Rodgers was the 2008 Pac-10 Player of the Year and was 08-09 First Team All-Pac-10. Rodgers will have Oregon State ready to go and should have an excellent season.

The Contenders:
1. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
Ingram, who is the defending Heisman trophy winner, will be ready to have another excellent season for the Tide. The biggest thing going against Ingram is Trent Richardson. They will share the backfield this year, and Richardson will be taking some carries away from Ingram.

2. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
The suspension of LeGarrette Blount was the best thing that could have happened to James. After his suspension, James had five 100-yard rushing games and set Pac-10 freshman rushing records. And with Masoli out for the year, James will carry the Ducks this year.

3. Case Keenum, QB, Houston
With Keenum playing in Houston’s high-flying offense, you know that he will throw for lots of yards. Keenum could get serious attention if his Cougars go undefeated and he plays up to his potential.

4. Jacory Harris, QB, Miami
There was a time last season when Jacory Harris was on top of many people’s Heisman list. If Harris can cut out his mental mistakes and cut down on his interceptions, watch out for him.

5. John Clay, RB, Wisconsin
Clay saw his first action last season and did not disappoint. He rushed for 1,517 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns en route to being named Big 10 Player of the Year. Clay will not let Badger fans down this year, as I expect big things from him.

The Dark Horses:
1. Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Big things are going to be expected from Locker this season. He will be feeling the pressure this season as Washington will be a sleeper pick to win the Pac-10. Also, he is a top prospect for the 2011 NFL draft.

2. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
With the Irish looking for play makers on offense, Floyd will be the answer. He missed most of last season with an injury, but I expect Floyd to be the focal point of their offense. The big question is, who will be is quarterback?

3. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
Broyles will be expected to have a big season if OU wants to return to the spotlight. Last season he caught 76 passes for 964 yards and 12 touchdowns. Broyles is very athletic, and if Landry Jones can get him the ball, expect big things from this Sooner.

4. Von Miller, DE, Texas A&M
Miller led the nation in sacks last year which got him in the national spotlight. Miller has the talent and athleticism to repeat last year’s performance and should get some recognition like Ndamukong Suh did last season.

5. Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Dalton had an impressive season for the Horned Frogs last year. He was the Mountain West Player of the Year, finalist for the Manning award, and even received votes in the Heisman Trophy balloting. With this being his last year, expect nothing but the best from him.

Now that I’ve stated my thoughts on the upcoming Heisman Buzz, it’s your turn to give an opinion or two. What do you think of my buzz List? Should someone else be on it? Or should someone be taken off? If you have anything to add, please leave a comment below or send me an email at: clint@elitekickoff.com. Thanks for reading!

http://www.elitekickoff.com/2010/05/...man-buzz.html/
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
2. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State
Pryor ended last season with a huge game in a Rose Bowl win against Oregon. Expect him to carry that success over into next season. The Buckeyes’ schedule is set up for them to have a very good year, so expect Pryor to be in the Heisman talk all season.
I'll have to see it to believe it.

Quote:
1. Dion Lewis, RB, Pittsburgh
Lewis began last season under the radar, but he finished his first season at Pittsburgh as the most decorated freshman in the country. Lewis will be on everyone’s radar this year, and I expect very big things from him in the upcoming season.
Pitt just beats up people in the running game. He'll have a shot, no doubt.

Quote:
3. Ryan William, RB, Virginia Tech
Like Lewis, Ryan Williams burst onto the college football scene last year. Williams ran for 1,655 rushing yards and 21 touchdowns last year. With Williams and the Hokies being preseason favorites in the ACC, expect big things in his sophomore campaign.
My early favorite to win. He gets lots of hype.

Quote:
1. Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Big things are going to be expected from Locker this season. He will be feeling the pressure this season as Washington will be a sleeper pick to win the Pac-10. Also, he is a top prospect for the 2011 NFL draft.
Some have him going as first or second qb taken next year (or Luck)...but how his team fares in pac10 play will determine his fate. The other players don't have the same talent level as he does...yet.

Quote:
2. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
With the Irish looking for play makers on offense, Floyd will be the answer. He missed most of last season with an injury, but I expect Floyd to be the focal point of their offense. The big question is, who will be is quarterback?
That's probably the dumbest question I've seen in the past month, especially for someone who follows CFB.

Quote:
5. Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Dalton had an impressive season for the Horned Frogs last year. He was the Mountain West Player of the Year, finalist for the Manning award, and even received votes in the Heisman Trophy balloting. With this being his last year, expect nothing but the best from him.
The voters don't respect the team enough to let them or Boise dance....so it would put even more burden on him to put up crazy numbers. Similiar to Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, perhaps even Von Miller.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote