Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
'11 MI WR Kenny Knight (Illinois Verbal)

Wide Receiver/Safety
Beverly Hills, MI (Country Day)

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 200
GPA: 3.6

Offers: Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Western Michigan, Wisconsin

Interest: UC, UCONN, Georgia Tech, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, ND
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Video Highlights: Kenny Knight, Country Day16. Feb, 2010 0 Comments

Country Day’s Kenny Knight received his first official football offer today from Central Michigan. Knight lines up both ways as a receiver and a safety. Knight has already received an offer from CMU to play basketball.

He is currently ranked as NGS’s #2 receiver and #1 safety in the 2011 class.

Knight is receiving major interest from plenty of programs across the nation. Now that his first offer is on the table I predict many more to come very soon. Florida has already jumped into Knight’s recruitment and has made their way to Country Day to speak to him. Offers from Michigan and Michigan State are expected to be put on the table in the upcoming weeks.

Knight is currently receiving interest from Cincinnati, Connecticut, Georgia Tech, Miami (FL), Notre Dame, Oregon, and Wisconsin among others.

Knight had a slow start to his football recruitment despite starting at safety for Country Day and making an appearance at Ford Field in the state finals as a sophomore. He spent most of spring and summer playing AAU basketball instead of participating in football camps and combines, which might have hurt his football recruitment in the early going.

But once Knight released his highlight tape schools took notice. Below are the highlights from Knight’s junior season. See for yourself why Knight has quickly become a big time gridiron prospect.

http://www.legends247.com/ngs/2010/0...t-country-day/
Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

Scout Pay Article - cincinnati.scout.com/2/970859.html

Title: Knight has Cincinnati on Radar

Teaser: Despite great wide receiving depth this season for the Cincinnati Bearcats and adding quality wide outs seemingly every recruiting cycle, head coach Butch Jones and his staff continues to look to add more quality players who can stretch the field

Additional: in Detroit Country Day wide receiver Kenny Knight, and the interest is mutual. ... “They're definitely up there in my recruiting list and I have a lot of interest ... So what is it that Knight likes about Cincinnati?

This last part is from the google search. I think it is pieced together where Knight is talking about Cincy when he says "They're definitely up there in my recruiting list and I have a lot of interest." If anyone has the ability to see the article and wants to confirm, that would be great.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

I watched his highlight video and here are my reactions:

- He has good hands and snatches the ball out of the air
- He uses his height to go up and get the ball at it's highest point especially in the red zone
- It was tough to get a read on his speed because he is a long strider. He was definitely a deep threat and had the ability to make a player miss and run after the catch.
- I don't know if he is good against press coverage because in the video, it didn't look like anyone was playing it
- As a safety he is a good centerfielder and makes plays on the ball very well. Have no idea if he can tackle. I am betting that he is going to be a WR in College.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Camped at ND, no offer. May not get one either. Wondering how much mutual interest there is here with UC, as BJ has thrown out lots of love to Florida types lately.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

Camped at UC this week.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Knight finally got his offer from UC per Scout. Seems like his recruitment is starting to pick up. Rivals has him as the #10 overall prospect in the state of Michigan which seems pretty solid.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Mopper

Mopper is on a distinguished road
Things are picking up for Knight. But I don't think he will be a part of UC's class. Everything that I have heard has pointed to Jones taking three receivers in this class. Chisum has one spot, Washington seems a lock for the second spot getting those guys in the fold allows Jones to aim higher with that last WR spot.
Mopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
http://www.tharinger.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3639

Quote:
I talked to Kenny today. Great kid - he gave very open answers to every question and was very polite. Current measureables: 6'3.5" 195. He currently holds official offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Toledo, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Bowling Green, and Minnesota. No leader group yet.

He has visited CMU, Toledo, Indiana, Cincy, MSU, and Kentucky. And has Stanford coming up in July.

He says he doesn't have a GT offer yet, but he receives weekly letters from the coaching staff. He confirmed that both his parents are GT alums and have raised him as a GT fan. He never really had a "dream school" since his family has moved around a lot, but "GT was the school my parents always pushed me towards." If GT offered it would definitely make him reconsider all his options to make sure he was going to the right school.

He said he might visit GT again soon, but no promises.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
I understand being raised a Georgia Tech, but why would a WR choose to go to a team that runs the flexbone offense and runs the ball 80% of the time?
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote