Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
culverrd

culverrd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
well thats why i said a Mac school OR and then listed teams that offered him.. but okay?

Coming from someone who went to a mac school and watched mac basketball a lot, schools like rutgers, va tech, seton hall and houston are about equal to the likes of OU and Akron. So when I say mac school, to me that means a team with Mac talent. Rutgers may have been in the big east, but they arent a big east team. Va tech might be in the ACC, but they arent an ACC caliber team. get my drift?

All I was saying is I dont see a fit here. We are weak at the 5 and 1 positions..so if we are going to give a scholly right now to someone, meaning we are losing 2 players, because with lawrence we are already 1 over. So like i said, if we are going to add another player a center would help this team more than a point forward with a bad shot..but carry on
Thank you! The kid has a lot of talented schools that have offered and most are Big East schools or now ACC or Big 12. He averaged 17 pts as a Junior and was all team of his conference so he must be able to shoot a little bit. He is now 6'8" and seems to have come out of his shell and gained a lot of confidence judging by the all star game he just played in. Since gaining the height looks to have been developing down low game and dunks with ease where as before never dunked. I watched the whole game against Huntington Prep (Andrew Wiggins Team) the kid can def handle the ball for his height and can pass as well they had him running the point all game handles it better then many of the guards we've had or have now minus cashmere. I see nothing but upside to this kid as he gains confidence and strength. Who doesn't want a kid who has played point guard all of his life and is now 6'8" and developing as athletic monster too...its crazy to not see the potential if you actually go and look to see what he has to offer. Would love to have this kid height length quickness can handle the ball plays inside and out and is turning into a high flyer! Reminds me of Shaq Thomas for real
culverrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #22
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
well thats why i said a Mac school OR and then listed teams that offered him.. but okay?

Coming from someone who went to a mac school and watched mac basketball a lot, schools like rutgers, va tech, seton hall and houston are about equal to the likes of OU and Akron. So when I say mac school, to me that means a team with Mac talent. Rutgers may have been in the big east, but they arent a big east team. Va tech might be in the ACC, but they arent an ACC caliber team. get my drift?

All I was saying is I dont see a fit here. We are weak at the 5 and 1 positions..so if we are going to give a scholly right now to someone, meaning we are losing 2 players, because with lawrence we are already 1 over. So like i said, if we are going to add another player a center would help this team more than a point forward with a bad shot..but carry on
Lawrence will probably bulk up and play the 4 if we get a guy like this. That leaves you with Shaq, Sanders, and _______ at the 3. This guy is now6'8, he could also play some 4. Rutgers, Virginia Tech., Seton Hall, etc. hae way more talent than MAC schools, they just have too much turnover within the program and bad coaching. If he is getting recruited by those schools, he is a good prospect. If he goes to one of those schools, he may look like a MAC talent because of the coaching issues.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
culverrd

Sorry for confusion my reply was to JumpinJacks post not coachpipes and Pitt, Nova, Iowa State, Va Tech, Seton Hall and Rutgers are hardly MAC caliber schools. And yeah we don't have a big bruiser center recruit and yes it would be nice to have one but adding this kid or Sidy adds another 6'8" -6'10" body. I'd rather have a bunch of length everywhere then 1 big bruiser and bunch of 6'3" kids. To me Boswell could create match up problems just like Lawrence. All they keep saying about this kid is him showing off his versatility and athleticism in recent articles. Who doesn't want a athletic versatile 6'8" PF/PG that can def play outside and is doing a lot more inside now with his added height can you say Michael Carter Williams....
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #24
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Sorry for confusion my reply was to JumpinJacks post not coachpipes and Pitt, Nova, Iowa State, Va Tech, Seton Hall and Rutgers are hardly MAC caliber schools. And yeah we don't have a big bruiser center recruit and yes it would be nice to have one but adding this kid or Sidy adds another 6'8" -6'10" body. I'd rather have a bunch of length everywhere then 1 big bruiser and bunch of 6'3" kids. To me Boswell could create match up problems just like Lawrence. All they keep saying about this kid is him showing off his versatility and athleticism in recent articles. Who doesn't want a athletic versatile 6'8" PF/PG that can def play outside and is doing a lot more inside now with his added height can you say Michael Carter Williams....
Unfortunately, I don't think our chances are great. Haven't heard the name linked to us before.......
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #25
culverrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think our chances are great. Haven't heard the name linked to us before.......
Yeah about the only thing is from the article
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #26
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Yeah about the only thing is from the article
Just found an old thread, culverrd. BearcatJeff started a thread on him 2 years ago before he transferred out of Trinity Catholic. Here are a few of the highlights:

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Jason Boswell lists Miami, Oklahoma, Northwestern, UConn, UCLA, Dayton, Seton Hall, Rutgers, St. John's, Houston, Cincinnati, Pitt & DePaul.

Holds offers from Miami, Dayton, Pitt, Rutgers, Seton Hall, UConn, Cincinnati, DePaul, Syracuse, George Mason, Houston, Iowa State and Virginia Tech. Arkansas, La Salle, Ohio State, Villanova and Xavier.

Jason Boswell
(Stamford, Conn./Trinity Catholic)
2013, SF/PF, 6-6, 205 pounds
He is a skilled and versatile combo forward who can play both positions, but is probably best as a skilled 4-man. Boswell can handle the ball well and has a streaky shot with range to 17 feet. He needs to play with a greater sense of urgency and become a better rebounder, but the talent is there to be an impact player at the next level.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s...new-york-recap