Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #1
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
'16 OH PG Xavier Simpson

No official offer (that I know of), but with all the chatter of Cumberland and Simpson potentially being a package deal, and all the UC-related retweeting Simpson was doing yesterday, I thought it was time to create a thread on him.

If you guys were Cronin, do you offer? I've heard quite a few fans saying UC "shouldn't worry about him" since we aren't necessarily looking for a point guard.

I couldn't disagree more. Simpson is a consensus-Top 100 recruit. Although PG may not be highest on our list, I still think it's something we need. Coming into this season, Jenifer is the only true PG. Yes, Caupain can lead too, but even then, he's gone in 2017. Simpson would be a soph and Jenifer would be a junior then. There currently aren't any other lead guards on the team nor committed. So why not? Let he and Jenifer battle it out for the starting spot. Another wing and center would be nice, but we've got three schollys left for 2016.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
No official offer (that I know of), but with all the chatter of Cumberland and Simpson potentially being a package deal, and all the UC-related retweeting Simpson was doing yesterday, I thought it was time to create a thread on him.

If you guys were Cronin, do you offer? I've heard quite a few fans saying UC "shouldn't worry about him" since we aren't necessarily looking for a point guard.

I couldn't disagree more. Simpson is a consensus-Top 100 recruit. Although PG may not be highest on our list, I still think it's something we need. Coming into this season, Jenifer is the only true PG. Yes, Caupain can lead too, but even then, he's gone in 2017. Simpson would be a soph and Jenifer would be a junior then. There currently aren't any other lead guards on the team nor committed. So why not? Let he and Jenifer battle it out for the starting spot. Another wing and center would be nice, but we've got three schollys left for 2016.
I agree we should definitely at least offer him. We have our pass first point guard in Jenifer. Simpson could come in and fill an offensive role at the point. Why would anyone pass on a top 100 recruit? Hopefully him and Cumberland have already had some conversations about it over the past 24 hours.

I love everything I see about Simpson, except that first name...
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Depends how good they think they are with the elite 2017 PG's. If they have a legit shot with Duval or Coleman I don't think it's worth it.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I personally like getting a PG every other year. Not sure about Simpson's game, but if he is a legit combo guard, I'd take him.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #5
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do whatever it takes to become top school that gets players from king James
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Two point guards on the floor at the same time ? UCONN
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #7
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Two point guards on the floor at the same time ? UCONN
Not sure if you're saying this is good or not. But I think we'll need one more PG by 2017; otherwise it'll literally just be Jenifer. I say take the sure thing for 2016 rather than risk waiting till 2017.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #8
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Not sure if you're saying this is good or not. But I think we'll need one more PG by 2017; otherwise it'll literally just be Jenifer. I say take the sure thing for 2016 rather than risk waiting till 2017.
I meant that it would work at times depending on a match up or zones.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:18 AM   #9
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

CJ Walker a point guard from Indy signed with Florida ST June 20th. He had a offer from Purdue, X and Cincinnati. Showing they would take a point in this class.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #10
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
CJ Walker a point guard from Indy signed with Florida ST June 20th. He had a offer from Purdue, X and Cincinnati. Showing they would take a point in this class.
That offer was from over a year ago and before Jenifer signed. They weren't involved after he backed off the commitment to Purdue...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote