Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'13 DC SG DeShaun Morman (Commit)

Shooting guard
Washington, District of Columbia
Coolidge
AAU: Virginia Assault
Ht:6'4"
Wt:190 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Cincinnati has offered.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...GhS_story.html
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
TheBeerCat

TheBeerCat is on a distinguished road
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop

RT @Edgar_Walker: 2013 VA Assault guard DeShaun Morman has added offers from Illinois, Cincinnati & Murray State.
TheBeerCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
I think this kid's recruitment is getting ready to absolutely take off. He is extremely impressive in this highlight tape. Good size, shot, and athleticism.

bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Formerly of Richmond, Virginia Deshaun Morman has become a high profile basketball recruit in the Washington D.C. area recently.

Offered by Antwon Jackson at UMass, Morman's recruitment followed to Cincinnati upon Jackson's hiring in June. The Bearcats are still interested in adding the 3-star shooting guard to the mix.

Friday Coach Cronin watched Deshuan Morman July 12th at the adidas Invitational. Walker loves teams like VCU, Murray State, UNLV, Virginia, and now Cincinnati.

He has not worked to whittle his list at all. Cincinnati should be able to get Morman on campus within two months.

http://www.cincinnati.rivals.com/con...sp?CID=1385894
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Kevin Schneider ‏@BigShotsReport
Deshaun Morman one of Fav guards in country to watch. Relentless! Not many 2013 guards that attack you like him. Cincy out in front for him....
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Has cut his list down to two and the Bearcats have made the list. Per Alex Kline
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
I'm surprised they're going after a third guard for 2013 but if you can get a good player lets roll with this 4 guard concept as far as it will take us!
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
UnivCincy

UnivCincy is on a distinguished road
With Cronin hot on players like Josh Hart, Chris Perry, Joel Embid, Junior Etou, Jermaine Lawrence (although I don't expect him to sign with the Cats), and now Deshaun Morman, what happens if he signs 3 or 4 of these guys? Do we cut players or offer walk-on positions? If so, I have a few assumptions as to who would get the ax, so to speak, although I don't want to cross that bridge until we come to it.

I love Morman's highlight tape. He seems to play like Dion Dixon (active hands, with the ability and fearlessness to attack down low), but he has a more consistent shot like Kilpatrick. His ball handling appears to need some tightening up, but I love the fact that he's left handed.

Last edited by UnivCincy; 08-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.
UnivCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Down to UC and Rutgers. Says he wants to decide in September/October. Wants to visit Rutgers before he decides. He has already visited UC.

An interesting tidbit is he is going to Faith Baptist in Florida next year where he will be teaming up with Demetrius Henry and Fallou Ndoye.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnivCincy View Post
With Cronin hot on players like Josh Hart, Chris Perry, Joel Embid, Junior Etou, Jermaine Lawrence (although I don't expect him to sign with the Cats), and now Deshaun Morman, what happens if he signs 3 or 4 of these guys? Do we cut players or offer walk-on positions? If so, I have a few assumptions as to who would get the ax, so to speak, although I don't want to cross that bridge until we come to it.

I love Morman's highlight tape. He seems to play like Dion Dixon (active hands, with the ability and fearlessness to attack down low), but he has a more consistent shot like Kilpatrick. His ball handling appears to need some tightening up, but I love the fact that he's left handed.
I know that Andrew Force over at Bearcatreport made a comment today that this is shaping up to be the most promising 2013 Hot Board for UC Bball in a long time... definitely are solidly "IN" with a lot of top prospects with two very good players already on board... question is, can Mick and Co. close on two more?
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote