Bearcats by 11+ points 2 12.50%
Tigers win 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2019, 01:24 AM   #61
A_O

A_O is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Give me a break, he gets plenty of Chances in game. Making shots In a drill vs against competition is completely different.
Didn't know about him making 53 in two minutes. That's insane! I don't think it's on Mick though. Trevor has admitted that it's all mental for him. It's like when Kevin Johnson started out missing something like his first 17 one year, it was just nerves. I think Trevor will work it out but Feb/March isn't the time to workout the kinks. He'll be able to do it at the beginning of next year against the directional schools and hopefully become a major contributor.
A_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:43 AM   #62
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Wasn't able to watch the second half. What happened with Cumberland and JJ getting techs?
First incident was Cumberland getting fouled on a drive to the basket by Antwan Jones. After the play, they got in each others' faces and as a big group rushed over to separate them Jenifer left the bench to join the mild melee. Jenifer was given a technical/ejection for leaving the bench but Memphis didn't shoot FTs for it.

Second incident involved Cumberland being guarded by Raynere Thornton 30 feet from the basket. As Cumberland made a move to drive by him Thornton inadvertently threw his body into him and tripped him for a common foul. Seconds after the call, Thornton stepped over Cumberland on the ground and made contact with Cumberland's body/stepped on his hand during the motion. Thornton got T'd up and luckily Cumberland got restrained by teammates so he didn't get in trouble for retaliation.

Cumberland would go onto make 1 of 2 Tech FTs and both FTs from the 1-and-1 so the incident did have a significant impact on the final score.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:47 AM   #63
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
First incident was Cumberland getting fouled on a drive to the basket by Antwan Jones. After the play, they got in each others' faces and as a big group rushed over to separate them Jenifer left the bench to join the mild melee. Jenifer was given a technical/ejection for leaving the bench but Memphis didn't shoot FTs for it.

Second incident involved Cumberland being guarded by Raynere Thornton 30 feet from the basket. As Cumberland made a move to drive by him Thornton inadvertently threw his body into him and tripped him for a common foul. Seconds after the call, Thornton stepped over Cumberland on the ground and made contact with Cumberland's body/stepped on his hand during the motion. Thornton got T'd up and luckily Cumberland got restrained by teammates so he didn't get in trouble for retaliation.

Cumberland would go onto make 1 of 2 Tech FTs and both FTs from the 1-and-1 so the incident did have a significant impact on the final score.
Gotcha, thanks for the recap! I watched some like 5min video replaying highlights of the game and somehow all that was left out...
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #64
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
That game was a struggle. Shoulda won by a lot more but I really liked a few things:

1) Bearcat toughness in full effect.
2) Cumberland swagger
3) Brooks continued amazing D and rebounding and added taking the ball to the rim!!! He was weak on his first attempt and maybe another, but man was it refreshing having him attack.
4) Jenifer provided the scoring lift we need in the first. I can see how he got thrown out, but that is a tough spot considering it’s the under 8 min timeout and everyone coming off the bench. Penny made it to the opposite 3 point line.
5) LoJo. Love this kid

Williams has a pretty rough game offensively but still hustled. Cane was not amazing but solid. Scott rebounding though leaving too much room for Martin far too often.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #65
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
After this week we should be moving into the top 20 for our first time this year, I’m thinking 19 and 20.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #66
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
After this week we should be moving into the top 20 for our first time this year, I’m thinking 19 and 20.
agree
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote