Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-26-2019, 03:57 PM   #581
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I just want to win. I want to be nationally relevant. I want to recruit at a high level.
We all want that, but doesn't mean we have to act like a bunch of babies when it doesn't immediately happen.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:28 PM   #582
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
How does Justin have time to post on these boards all day haha
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:14 PM   #583
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Im not a moderator.

it just says that on my name. Im a fan. Who was pretty upset with the way the team I care about and spend money on looked in the tourney. I'm pretty fearful we fall into obscurity, which isn't hard to do in the countries most under appreciated conference.

They can take away the moderator tag anytime they want. I was asked to do it. And when I was asked, no one ever said my opinions now had to be state run media like.

Obviously I don't want an empty arena. But I am personally skipping it this weekend. I'll be back for the Vermont game.

I really hope you're a season ticket holder. If your not, kinda hard to call out my fandom.
You're not a moderator but somehow were able to delete my post and give me an infraction....ok

Just stop posting here. No one wants you on this board
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #584
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
He's listed as a moderator.

How do you ban a moderator? Seriously want to know for this guy. What a PITA
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #585
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Extrapolating per 40 minute stats for someone who hasn't even averaged 10 minutes a game is useless (unless you are trying to support ridiculous claims). If Sam Martin comes in during cleanup time and gets a couple rebounds, I'd guess you'd say he is clearly a great rebounder. Also, it seems you like to focus heavily on offensive rebounding. For starters, when you are the focal point on offense like Vogt is you aren't going to get as many offensive rebounders. He is constantly getting doubled team which leaves others like Scott free for rebounds.

Vogt rarely gets shot over, he is an incredibly intimidating defender because of how tall and long he is. Diarra on the other hand is constantly out of position and too weak to defend in the post. It's laughable that you think he is "clearly superior" and Vogt is a "stiff". lol.
Per 40 minutes is extrapolating this early on for any player. But people seem to have no problems with it when it's a positive extrapolation.

I'm not sure what you are watching with Vogt. Vogt got shot over consistently by BGSU and by guys 6+ inches shorter than him. He's tall, but not that long and he can't jump. Vogt sticks to his man on defense and very rarely helps. I've seen numerous times where the other team is driving and Vogt leaves the interior to follow his man, rather than providing help.

If your looking just at who can defend better 1v1 in the post, than Vogt is aarguably slightly superior to Diarra. But if you look at who moves better, provides rim protection and help defense and is a better shot blocking presence than Diarra is undoubtedly better.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:21 PM   #586
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
How does Justin have time to post on these boards all day haha
I work in IT. I’m on my Mac all day. If you think you’re some how dissing me, you’re not.

I’m sorry you have to work super hard for your money.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #587
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
He's listed as a moderator.

How do you ban a moderator? Seriously want to know for this guy. What a PITA
And what are you banning me for? My opinion?

I’ve yet to take personal jabs at people.

Opinions are allowed. I’m always on topic to. But you could be an adult an ignore me.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #588
Mort82

Mort82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
This team has a ton to work on, but the two biggest problems have been careless turnovers and terrible FT shooting. Both fixable (FT shooting to a lesser degree but I think they have a good makeup for it).

I figured there would be major bumps this year with so many new players, new coach, and new system on both offense and defense. Take away your All American and I can't say I'm surprised. Take away Jarron last year they would have been an NIT team.

Not saying I'm happy with performance but I still think it will improve greatly. Brannen is trying to find people he can count on, and usually this early you can't count on new players. MAW looks great, then looks terrible. Same with Harvey and McNeal.

The most disappointing players to me have been the returners. Scott has not been very good (almost a game costing TO at the end), KW stepped up at the end but has not been very good, Jarron has been below average, Diarra can't catch up to the game, and I'm wondering what on earth Mick saw in Moore.

It's a work in progress. Shoot 50% from the FT line and we'd still only have one loss.
I'm pretty much in agreement with this assessment. It should get better. Even with Vogt's shortcomings, I feel we've upgraded that position. Having a point guard that can shoot off the dribble is a plus as well, just need to knock 'em down.
We need to get more out of the vet's, which I believe will come as they will assume that responsibility as time goes on.
Mort82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #589
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
And what are you banning me for? My opinion?

I’ve yet to take personal jabs at people.

Opinions are allowed. I’m always on topic to. But you could be an adult an ignore me.
If you're not a moderator then how did you issue me an infraction? Do tell??????
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:25 AM   #590
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Mick goes 0-31 at UCLA I wouldn't give a shit. He's gone.

I haven't brought up UCLA all season since the games started. Someone had to come rub it in that they lost a buy game. I haven't watch a UCLA game all season.

And there is a huge difference between having doubts about a coach stepping up this level and fearfully being right Vs wanting the team to lose just so I can be right.

Its no secret that I don't believe UC did much at all to try and Keep Mick Cronin. Which means they believe we could do better. So I'm holding them to it.

A new coach does not change my expectations. If Cronin coached us through a performance like Paradise Jam, Im absolutely certain this board would rip him into pieces. And rightfully so.

All that said... while we sucked last night for the most part, I liked what I saw from Brannen when he chose to go with a Freshman Point guard to close the game. It was a ballsy move that in my opinion won us the game.

I just want to win. I want to be nationally relevant. I want to recruit at a high level.
I don’t think we have been nationally relevant in 20 years. In the big East we were a middle of the pack team. Now, the American has been trash and a league not many care about. Nationally, I think we are looked at as a solid program but we are looked at as a joke when it comes to the tournament. Casual fans aren’t tuning in to watch Cincinnati basketball.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 11-27-2019 at 06:27 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote