Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #121
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
This team is nothing without Cumberland. How do you go the last 6 minutes without scoring. That’s pathetic. I know the officials were terrible but still how do we not have a go to play to break a slump
THEY played just fine without him in tonight
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #122
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
This team is nothing without Cumberland. How do you go the last 6 minutes without scoring. That’s pathetic. I know the officials were terrible but still how do we not have a go to play to break a slump
a good team isn't going to let cumberland go 1v5 the last 6 minutes and get easy looks. they made him work for everything and he was 0-6. the other 3 shots we took were a tip miss by brooks, a terrible 3 from williams and moore's 3 near the end.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #123
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Disappointing loss because t felt like one we could have easily won, but overall we played really well again in a hostile environment. Those ones aren’t always going to go your way. I’m having more and more confidence in this teams ability once the tournament season rolls around
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #124
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Disappointing loss because t felt like one we could have easily won, but overall we played really well again in a hostile environment. Those ones aren’t always going to go your way. I’m having more and more confidence in this teams ability once the tournament season rolls around

I feel better about this team after this loss. Seriously that’s a big time win in our own gym. Play like that at 5/3 and we will be fine. Plus I feel better about @UCF and @SMU.

I bet the Bearcats lose only 0-1 games remaining.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #125
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I dont think either team played very well. Nobody could get a defensive rebound. we shot 33% from the field. the only thing we did well was not turn it over.

it was an ugly game. we didn't score a point the last 6:11.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #126
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Was a good game. Didn’t score the final 6 minutes. I thought jarron missed a couple easy ones late. Never quit. I’ll take it. Hopefully they win out
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #127
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
They made a ton of shots over Cland. He continues to lag in getting out to the shooter but obviously we can’t pull him. This shows the wall using Jennifer. Like I have been saying we should have groomed LoJo to take over this year.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #128
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Losing is never fun, but that loss is nothing to be concerned about. I like our chances on senior day a lot more now, than I did 5 hours ago.

I've said it a lot, but I'll say it again. Not turning the ball over at all goes a long long way to scoring at a good clip. We don't have to shoot great when we rarely turn it over like today. Houston is a very good defensive team so they deserve credit for the percentages we shot, but I think we get them in the rematch. Some of those will go down, a couple calls go our way, and we will win at home.

I'm probably more confident about what this team is today, than at any other point this season. We didn't even play well, and were right there with five minutes to go on the road vs a top tier team. I'll take that every day.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #129
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I dont think either team played very well. Nobody could get a defensive rebound. we shot 33% from the field. the only thing we did well was not turn it over.

it was an ugly game. we didn't score a point the last 6:11.
Disagree
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #130
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
It was a good game got screwed on some weird calls, chalked this one up as a loss before the game so no surprise here
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote