Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #481
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
and devan downey is coming back too
Jesus Christ. If it's that bad, find the nearest bridge, and well, ya know. No one, and I mean no one, likes someone who is negative 1,000% of the time.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:50 PM   #482
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Jesus Christ. If it's that bad, find the nearest bridge, and well, ya know. No one, and I mean no one, likes someone who is negative 1,000% of the time.
get over yourself - it's a comment about the flimsiness of immediate decision making in the aftermath of a stressful event.

lance is coming back too.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #483
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
get over yourself - it's a comment about the flimsiness of immediate decision making in the aftermath of a stressful event.

lance is coming back too.
"Get over yourself"

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was talking to recent high school graduate girl about UC basketball.

Here's one, grow up. This board is filled with "fans" like yourself, ya know, the "whoa is me" pessimistic crowd. It's annoying and quite frankly, true fans like myself, wish the pessimistic crowd go crawl back in a hole. Add something useful to the conversation or don't quote my comments.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #484
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Samari Curtis to report to UC in June and wasn't shocked Cronin left and understands it's a business. According to Xenia coach Kent Anderson
Old 04-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #485
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"Get over yourself"

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was talking to recent high school graduate girl about UC basketball.

Here's one, grow up. This board is filled with "fans" like yourself, ya know, the "whoa is me" pessimistic crowd. It's annoying and quite frankly, true fans like myself, wish the pessimistic crowd go crawl back in a hole. Add something useful to the conversation or don't quote my comments.
lol
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #486
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Samari Curtis to report to UC in June and wasn't shocked Cronin left and understands it's a business. According to Xenia coach Kent Anderson
So while this doesn't mean its a done deal, this is encouraging first reaction. Saw that Mick expected to call him today...sure hope Samari is more Bearcat than Mick's guy.

Lots can change, but it's smart for Samari to stay committed and wait to see who next coach is. Really nervous about Samari, LoJo, and to a lesser degree Cumberland.

I think Cumberland stick around. The other 2 I would have bet would decommit and transfer, respectively. So I hope we keep both, but even 1 would be terrific.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #487
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
So while this doesn't mean its a done deal, this is encouraging first reaction. Saw that Mick expected to call him today...sure hope Samari is more Bearcat than Mick's guy.

Lots can change, but it's smart for Samari to stay committed and wait to see who next coach is. Really nervous about Samari, LoJo, and to a lesser degree Cumberland.

I think Cumberland stick around. The other 2 I would have bet would decommit and transfer, respectively. So I hope we keep both, but even 1 would be terrific.
Also Van Exel has openly expressed interest in the UC HC position
Old 04-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #488
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Quote:
lol
thanks for proving my point
Old 04-09-2019, 01:16 PM   #489
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
for the people that want Brannen they should really check out Casey Alexander. He would be the better candidate of the 2. Alexander pulled in multiple top 100 wins this year at Lipscomb, I dont think Brannen has any in the past 2 years at nku.
I agree. I'd prefer a mid-major coach with sustained success over a Van Exel type. Some others I would consider:

Russ Turner (UC Irvine)
Steve Forbes (E Tenn St)
Bob Richey (Furman)
John Becker (Vermont)
Scott Nagy (Wright St, previously S Dakota St)
Mark Schmidt (St Bonaventure)
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #490
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
A UCLA fan asked what to expect with Cronin...this was the response.

"You’ll have potentially the best defense in conference. Probably one of the worst offenses. You’ll get recruits your coach can’t coach. And your offseason begins after the round of 32"

I'll miss Mick, but this made me laugh.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote