Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #101
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
I have no issue with Jarron sitting in games where it is a blow out, only playing 25 min, season is still early and he missed most of the summer, I know he isn't padding the stats but this schedule is brutal and I don't expect him to come off the court much against teams like Iowa, Tennessee, Memphis, etc, so save the legs when we need him to play 38 minutes and let the young frosh get some time in. For everyone saying Jarron looks mad, that is literally just Jarron, he did the same thing last year, he pouted last year sometimes too, for good or worse its just what he does.

Diarra hustles and I love that, but he sucks. I am just going to be honest, he plays his butt of but I do not trust him in any significant game that will be close. Moore looked scared to shot and didn't move for the ball AT ALL. He just stood in the corner, on one play particular you could hear on TV McNeil yell at him to run up to the top of the key to get a pass from him. I think Cronin killed any confidence that kid ever had. ( I was a Cronin guy).

Seriously though you can tell a difference between JB guys and Cronin guys... Cronins guys have like PTSD and if they miss a shot or make a mistake they immediately panic and look to see if they are being subbed out. Jaevin and McNeil would of hated playing for Cronin.

Last edited by cincyalum2014; 11-13-2019 at 09:12 AM.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #102
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I have no issue with Jarron sitting in games where it is a blow out, only playing 25 min, season is still early and he missed most of the summer, I know he isn't padding the stats but this schedule is brutal and I don't expect him to come off the court much against teams like Iowa, Tennessee, Memphis, etc, so save the legs when we need him to play 38 minutes and let the young frosh get some time in.

Im down for Jarron playing less minutes overall. He averaged 35 minutes a game in conference last year, I'm just not sure we need his average to be that high this year. he only played less than 30 minutes in 2 games in conference last year and they were both 29 minutes vs houston.

We can probably save his legs a bit more this year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #103
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have no issue with Jarron sitting in games where it is a blow out, only playing 25 min, season is still early and he missed most of the summer, I know he isn't padding the stats but this schedule is brutal and I don't expect him to come off the court much against teams like Iowa, Tennessee, Memphis, etc, so save the legs when we need him to play 38 minutes and let the young frosh get some time in. For everyone saying Jarron looks mad, that is literally just Jarron, he did the same thing last year, he pouted last year sometimes too, for good or worse its just what he does.

Diarra hustles and I love that, but he sucks. I am just going to be honest, he plays his butt of but I do not trust him in any significant game that will be close. Moore looked scared to shot and didn't move for the ball AT ALL. He just stood in the corner, on one play particular you could hear on TV McNeil yell at him to run up to the top of the key to get a pass from him. I think Cronin killed any confidence that kid ever had. ( I was a Cronin guy).

Seriously though you can tell a difference between JB guys and Cronin guys... Cronins guys have like PTSD and if they miss a shot or make a mistake they immediately panic and look to see if they are being subbed out. Jaevin and McNeil would of hated playing for Cronin.
You act like Cronin was hitler or something.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #104
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Cronin was a good coach. He had his flaws but also strengths. And his players loved him, you can't really argue against that. But man, the in-game demeanor of the coaches is night and day. My kids would have to wear earmuffs sitting behind the bench with Cronin as a coach. Watching Brannen interact with his players on the bench is refreshing. Whether that helps their play or not is a different story and we shall see.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #105
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Listened to the post game with Scott and McNeal. McNeal says the focus on offense is shooting 3's, layups and getting to the line. We have probably not done near enough of the last two so far. We have cut off some drives to kick out a few times we should probably have kept going. We have some guys who can get 3's off at almost any time...so we need to focus on going to the rack a little harder to get that layup or foul. Williams has done a pretty good job so far but Jarron and McNeal probably should pick that up a little. Scott and Jaevin probably will be a bit more limited in how or when they can do that.

At the same time I don't want to pass up that wide open 10 footer to force one of the other things to happen. I know Jarron passed up one prime opportunity but then Sorolla took one (which went in). I would rather see Jarron take that shot than I would Jaume. Jarron should have the green light anywhere.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #106
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Quote:
Interpret it any way you want.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #107
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Listened to the post game with Scott and McNeal. McNeal says the focus on offense is shooting 3's, layups and getting to the line. We have probably not done near enough of the last two so far. We have cut off some drives to kick out a few times we should probably have kept going. We have some guys who can get 3's off at almost any time...so we need to focus on going to the rack a little harder to get that layup or foul. Williams has done a pretty good job so far but Jarron and McNeal probably should pick that up a little. Scott and Jaevin probably will be a bit more limited in how or when they can do that.

At the same time I don't want to pass up that wide open 10 footer to force one of the other things to happen. I know Jarron passed up one prime opportunity but then Sorolla took one (which went in). I would rather see Jarron take that shot than I would Jaume. Jarron should have the green light anywhere.

I'm thrilled we have a coach that doesn't want us taking midrange shots. 3's or drives is the best way to play these days. So refreshing having a guy thats into the new style of basketball.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #108
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Interpret it any way you want.
I interpret it as you stated it. Mick Cronin developed the shit out of some players, you act like all he did was break them. Just a hilarious take
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #109
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Quote:
I interpret it as you stated it. Mick Cronin developed the shit out of some players, you act like all he did was break them. Just a hilarious take
About as hilarious as you calling other people "dumb" and telling them they are "idioctic" on an online UC Basketball forum. Where did I say Mick didn't develop players? Did he develop a lot of guys... absolutely he did.... did other guys not develop under him... absolutely... and until proven otherwise, as of right now Trevor Moore is one of the guys who has not developed..... In the words of Jon Rycek.. you are "dumb" if you think Cronin didn't break some players... past and present.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #110
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I'm thrilled we have a coach that doesn't want us taking midrange shots. 3's or drives is the best way to play these days. So refreshing having a guy thats into the new style of basketball.
Yea, it's exactly why the game is somewhat waterd down today. Nothing at all creative about just hoisting up 3's it actually kind of gets boring to watch, affects the physicality and aggressiveness. There's nothing wrong with a good shot period. The analytics stuff can get kinda wacky
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote