Bearcats by 9+ points 3 33.33%
Shockers win 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #61
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
That’s what the announcers lead me to believe. Cronin needs to tell him to shoot that every time though.
He missed the prior shoot. He got gun shy. Mick did not tell across the court dont shoot.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #62
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Back to back to back conference championship games...what an accomplishment. This team is ugly at times...a lot of times, but it's hard to complain with the results. That said if they play like that tomorrow, they lose by 25. Houston is just better, but we'll see.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #63
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Back to back to back conference championship games...what an accomplishment. This team is ugly at times...a lot of times, but it's hard to complain with the results. That said if they play like that tomorrow, they lose by 25. Houston is just better, but we'll see.
Back to back to back... right? Three in a row.

Edit: my bad, misread your message
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:50 PM   #64
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Nothing learned from Nevada game
Sure seems like we lost that one, and won this one.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:52 PM   #65
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Wasn’t wichita on a six game win streak and just got done knocking off the number 3 team in our conference? Yeah we made some mistakes and blew a big lead but we won. Jesus
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:57 AM   #66
Quadri's #1 fan

Quadri's #1 fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Call me crazy but I didn't mind Moore passing on that shot. The offense wasn't set and we had no one in position to rebound a miss. Considering we'd been destroying them on the glass all night and offensive rebounds may have been our best offense, I was okay with him not taking it.

Also call me crazy and I know it would piss a lot of fans off. But if I were Cronin I'd consider just treating tomorrows game as a scrimmage and conceding defeat before we even start. Give Cumberland 15-20 minutes and let the backups - Johnson, Moore, Fredericks, Diarra - play a lot of minutes. We need the rest and the game won't effect our NCAA tournament seeding.
I would really prefer if he didn't treat a Championship game on National Television like a scrimmage.
Quadri's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:19 AM   #67
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
If you had told me at any point in the season that Cumberland would shoot 3-16 with 5 turnovers in the AAC semi-finals and we'd still win, I would've recommended professional help for such crazy insights. Yesterday marked a tremendous team effort - especially from players like Fredericks, Diarra, and Nsoseme, who all had very positive impacts on the game in brief appearances.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:18 AM   #68
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Call me crazy but I didn't mind Moore passing on that shot. The offense wasn't set and we had no one in position to rebound a miss. Considering we'd been destroying them on the glass all night and offensive rebounds may have been our best offense, I was okay with him not taking it.

Also call me crazy and I know it would piss a lot of fans off. But if I were Cronin I'd consider just treating tomorrows game as a scrimmage and conceding defeat before we even start. Give Cumberland 15-20 minutes and let the backups - Johnson, Moore, Fredericks, Diarra - play a lot of minutes. We need the rest and the game won't effect our NCAA tournament seeding.
Beating Houston tomorrow will be a way better win than whoever we play in the first round of the tourney and the second round of the tourney is anything but guaranteed no matter how much Cland rests. Therefore resting Cland does not make sense. That said I totally agree the committee could care less if we win - their seeding is set and we will get jacked either way.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #69
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Beating Houston tomorrow will be a way better win than whoever we play in the first round of the tourney and the second round of the tourney is anything but guaranteed no matter how much Cland rests. Therefore resting Cland does not make sense. That said I totally agree the committee could care less if we win - their seeding is set and we will get jacked either way.
You don't think UC moves up a seed if they win?
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #70
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I’ve been checking out different ncaa projections. Was really surprised that a few had Bearcats as a #5 seed....that seems high. But maybe it shows we have good hope for a 6 still. And to be honest I might prefer a 6.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote