Cougars by 1-4 points 0 0%
Cougars by 5+ points 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #201
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Bearcat View Post
Obviously the game wasn't decided in the first half.
It was. You could see UC lounging around on D and on the boards while UH had gone into destroy mode. Nothing left but the excuses.
collards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #202
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Cronin himself said the game was lost in the last 6 minutes of the first half. Thats where he said we blew it. After that he said we didn't play our game and just let houston dictate everything.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #203
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Cronin himself said the game was lost in the last 6 minutes of the first half. Thats where he said we blew it. After that he said we didn't play our game and just let houston dictate everything.
Doesn’t mean he is right

Took a 6 point lead and had the Mo in the 2nd. Then fell apart.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #204
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Sure would be nice to have Johnson and Diara a little further along right now. Johnson for on ball defense. We need someone who can stay in front of better guards so Brooks doesn't have to foul as much. Johnson can also block shots and rebound much better than Jenifer or Broome. I think he could put in 6 points somehow if he played 20 minutes even if it's tip ins and a layup here or there. With Cumberland in we really don't need him hunting shots. Damn I wish he was ready for a bigger role. We have been getting killed by guys like Martin and Davis etc.

I am not quite sure what has been holding Diara back so much because he seems more than capable of blocking, rebounding, and scoring. With Brooks in foul trouble a lot it would be nice to keep throwing Diara in there for the tourneys because he can score a little. We will need some offense from the supporting cast because Cumberland can't do it all himself. It would be nice to keep Brooks on the floor but obviously that is a crap shoot. Diara at least has some offensive potential. Damn I wish he was ready for a bigger role as well. I would almost prefer him over Fredericks as well to spell Scott.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #205
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Doesn’t mean he is right

Took a 6 point lead and had the Mo in the 2nd. Then fell apart.

im big on thinking anything cronin says to the media is complete BS. he makes up crap all the time.

but some defend everything he says, so it seems odd to me to go away from that in this case (but they kinda have to or admit that he gave up. rock and hard place).
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #206
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by collards View Post
It was. You could see UC lounging around on D and on the boards while UH had gone into destroy mode. Nothing left but the excuses.
Lmao. No it wasn’t. Did we look a litttle off, sure. But we were in control. You can’t say a game was lost when we were winning by six and pulling away lmao
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #207
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Sure would be nice to have Johnson and Diara a little further along right now. Johnson for on ball defense. We need someone who can stay in front of better guards so Brooks doesn't have to foul as much. Johnson can also block shots and rebound much better than Jenifer or Broome. I think he could put in 6 points somehow if he played 20 minutes even if it's tip ins and a layup here or there. With Cumberland in we really don't need him hunting shots. Damn I wish he was ready for a bigger role. We have been getting killed by guys like Martin and Davis etc.

I am not quite sure what has been holding Diara back so much because he seems more than capable of blocking, rebounding, and scoring. With Brooks in foul trouble a lot it would be nice to keep throwing Diara in there for the tourneys because he can score a little. We will need some offense from the supporting cast because Cumberland can't do it all himself. It would be nice to keep Brooks on the floor but obviously that is a crap shoot. Diara at least has some offensive potential. Damn I wish he was ready for a bigger role as well. I would almost prefer him over Fredericks as well to spell Scott.
It’s going to go back to the beginning of the year. Teams won’t have time to prepare for Cumberland again. Conference play is completely different.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #208
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
It’s going to go back to the beginning of the year. Teams won’t have time to prepare for Cumberland again. Conference play is completely different.
They will have plenty of conference tape to review. It's not like they have to come in blind.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #209
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

Not sure why it has taken this long for Mamadou to get more PT either. Maybe Mick sees that Eliel is maaaaybe a one dimensional player at best. Cronin also does not rely on freshman unless he has to. It usually takes his recruits 3 years to start producing. Dan Cronin has eluded that Mamadou has trouble staying in the game mentally.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:03 PM   #210
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Not sure why it has taken this long for Mamadou to get more PT either. Maybe Mick sees that Eliel is maaaaybe a one dimensional player at best. Cronin also does not rely on freshman unless he has to. It usually takes his recruits 3 years to start producing. Dan Cronin has eluded that Mamadou has trouble staying in the game mentally.
I think Nsoseme's ankle injury is still lingering. Nsoseme's biggest strength is his movement and the ankle takes that away. We haven't seen a healthy Nsoseme all year, so it's too early to call him a one dimensional player.

What I never understood is why Diarra doesn't play at the 4. Scott needs a backup and going small hasn't worked out that well this year (mostly because Fredericks hasn't performed well). Diarra is a little bigger then Scott, but he moves and shoots well enough that it seems like he could easily play the four.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote