Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
‘19 CA PG. KJ Feagin (Grad Transfer)

KJ Feagin
6’1” from Longa Beach California
Currently enrolled at Santa Clara
Averaged 17 a game his junior year and has been injured his senior year.

Grad Transfer KJ Feagin down to four schools CINCINNATI, Northwestern, Oregon, and San Diego State.

6’1” from
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Read a bot about him. Really could provide what we need for next season. Although it concerns me losing Scott and Brooks in 1.5 years and not having a big man recruit coming in. Although Hardnett and Purple Rain might be able to fill the Scott role eventually?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #3
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I'll take the PG. We got plenty of bigs lined up. Diarra, Hardnett and/or Prince can all play the 4 and will be RS sophomores/juniors when Scott leaves. Nsoseme should be ready to fill in for Brooks at the 5. In 2020 we need a big or two, but 2019 our best get would be a grad transfer PG.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #4
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Read a bot about him. Really could provide what we need for next season. Although it concerns me losing Scott and Brooks in 1.5 years and not having a big man recruit coming in. Although Hardnett and Purple Rain might be able to fill the Scott role eventually?
We need a PG (preferably a veteran one) to fill our last scholarship for next season. Feagin fills that role.

Oregon has been recruiting very well as of late and I could see how they'd be the most attractive option for a number of reasons. They do have Pritchard at PG though who plays 35 min/game and is only a junior. Not sure how well Feagin would be able to play along side him.

Northwestern already has two point guards on scholarship for next season. They're a great school and would provide great competition and exposure though.

SDSU is in a similar roster situation to us in that they graduate their starting back court and nobody else. They're not playing that well this season so I guess they're in the running due to being the closest option.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
We need a PG (preferably a veteran one) to fill our last scholarship for next season. Feagin fills that role.

Oregon has been recruiting very well as of late and I could see how they'd be the most attractive option for a number of reasons. They do have Pritchard at PG though who plays 35 min/game and is only a junior. Not sure how well Feagin would be able to play along side him.

Northwestern already has two point guards on scholarship for next season. They're a great school and would provide great competition and exposure though.

SDSU is in a similar roster situation to us in that they graduate their starting back court and nobody else. They're not playing that well this season so I guess they're in the running due to being the closest option.
Niceee. Sounds like we have a lot to offer him as far as playing time here. It doesn’t mean Logan won’t get playing time either I can see it being a true 20/20 split for these guys. A grad transfer is probably desperate to make the tournament and we have the best chance of doing that. I hope we get this guys we could really use him
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #6
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I think raspberry beret will be better than Scott
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #7
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
KJ just took a visit to San Diego State and rumors are it went very well, SDSU is in a similar position we are in with starting guards graduating and its much closer to where he's from than Cincinnati is. I think KJ would be a great fit for us but unfortunately I just don't see how we get him over Oregon or SDSU.

Last edited by cincyalum2014; 02-13-2019 at 01:18 PM.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:14 PM   #8
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
KJ just took a visit to San Diego State and rumors our it went very well, SDSU is in a similar position we are in with starting guards graduating and its much closer to where he's from than Cincinnati is. I think KJ would be a great fit for us but unfortunately I just don't see how we get him over Oregon or SDSU.
San Diego State is a terrific campus.

But if he wants to play on a team with a potential All-American that can take you far in March...he should come to Cincinnati. But I couldn't blame him if he went to SDSU. They play some good ball there. Depends on what he is looking for.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #9
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately all signs are pointing towards this guy going to San Diego St. Considering he is from San Diego I am not really shocked. The only school he has visited thus far is SDSU and all the reports I am seeing are showing him going there. I would of loved to have seen this guy come in and be a great transition guy from Jenifer to Lojo. I am not saying Lojo cant lead the team next year because I most certainly think he can, but it would of been nice to add a 5th year senior into the fold to help the transition.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote