Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #11
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Coach Cronin got a bunch of good pub for the program tonight for his prepping of Gary and Jake for the NBA. Good Stuff.
Did they actually talk about UC/Cronin or are you just saying because 2 former UC players were on the team?
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:26 AM   #12
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Did they actually talk about UC/Cronin or are you just saying because 2 former UC players were on the team?
They actually talked about UC/Cronin. Very nice exposure for our Program
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #13
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Gary is gonna be one of those guys with a 10+ year career and people won't understand how he did it.

He's just good at everything. He always makes the right play.

The guy is getting full articles on ESPN written about him. Who saw that coming 2 months ago.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #14
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Gary is gonna be one of those guys with a 10+ year career and people won't understand how he did it.

The guy is getting full articles on ESPN written about him. Who saw that coming 2 months ago.
Mick should play the clip from the game for future recruits. It was said that, Clark is NBA ready because of playing for Cronin and his Bearcats defense. That is great pub. Rarely do you hear NBA announcers mention college coaches and when they do, it is a short list.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #15
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post

As a guy who grew up watching Oscar play it was still easy for me to come to this conclusion. Gary Clark is my all time favorite Bearcat.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #16
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As a guy who grew up watching Oscar play it was still easy for me to come to this conclusion. Gary Clark is my all time favorite Bearcat.
Yup, he surpassed Kenyon by his junior season for me. Just the absolute epitome of what I want as a Bearcat. Does everything the right way and worked his tail off to get where he's at.
Having said that, I really want his jersey retired. Any chance that'll happen?
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:46 AM   #17
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
Yup, he surpassed Kenyon by his junior season for me. Just the absolute epitome of what I want as a Bearcat. Does everything the right way and worked his tail off to get where he's at.
Having said that, I really want his jersey retired. Any chance that'll happen?
If it was up to me it would happen tonight.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #18
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mick should play the clip from the game for future recruits. It was said that, Clark is NBA ready because of playing for Cronin and his Bearcats defense. That is great pub. Rarely do you hear NBA announcers mention college coaches and when they do, it is a short list.
A major reason that Clark is NBA ready and playing like a vet is he stayed for 4 years. I doubt many recruits want to hear that you have to stay in school for 4 years, they want to bolt after 2-3 max.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #19
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
A major reason that Clark is NBA ready and playing like a vet is he stayed for 4 years. I doubt many recruits want to hear that you have to stay in school for 4 years, they want to bolt after 2-3 max.
The NBA is desperate for defenders right now. Teams are more specifically desperate for smart defenders that understand how to play in a shifting defense. Which Cronin just so happens to be an expert at teaching. It isn’t a sexy thing to preach during recruiting but if the NBA needs defenders....we can produce them.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Damn, Cronin screwed that up too, letting him stay that last year . I kid... I kid...

Last edited by indydoug; 11-16-2018 at 01:23 PM.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote