Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #261
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
She sounds adorable. I spent 7 years working a Cape canaverval in the late 80’s and early 90’s. A Rollins college grad. Stay warm and bring us home a winner at UCF this year
I live between Melbourne and Cape. I hope to be present for the UCF game this year and every once in a while over to USF when they come here.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #262
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I live between Melbourne and Cape. I hope to be present for the UCF game this year and every once in a while over to USF when they come here.
Oh wow I lived in Melbourne. The subdivision was called Suntree. Close to pineada causeway. I used to launch Delta rockets off complex 17 A & B at t the Cape. 36 successful missions to be exact. Have to brag a little bit😋
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #263
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Oh wow I lived in Melbourne. The subdivision was called Suntree. Close to pineada causeway. I used to launch Delta rockets off complex 17 A & B at t the Cape. 36 successful missions to be exact. Have to brag a little bit😋
I live in Viera. Suntree is about a mile or so from my house
Old 12-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #264
Cartel

Cartel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
out of all the posts here you picked the 1 guy that wasn't happy. as much as you don't like the negative, and you tell people they aren't real fans for being negative, you commenting on just that 1 guy spreads the negativity.

you can disagree with people, but you have to tell them they dont spend money like you, they dont go to games like you, they dont do this like you they dont do that like you. and you dont know if any of that is even true.
I would say there was more than one guy. I get justin's frustration though. I figured the cats were going to suck and yet now we see hand wringing over a 15 point shellacking. We are likely to make the tourney at this point which would be an accomplishment given all the people we lost.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #265
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I live in Viera. Suntree is about a mile or so from my house
Small world. Lol
Old 12-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #266
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
I would say there was more than one guy. I get justin's frustration though. I figured the cats were going to suck and yet now we see hand wringing over a 15 point shellacking. We are likely to make the tourney at this point which would be an accomplishment given all the people we lost.
If we make the Dance I think it will be a big Accomplishment considering we are not a 1 and done program. We lost 3 players,2 to the NBA and one professionally overseas. I think people need to understand the way Mick keeps us relevant is how he is forced to operate. We find true student athletes and develop them into good 4 year players. It is the major reason why I am a huge fan of the program. We are not a basketball factory but a University. A learning institute that graduates its players. Personally if we operated the way UK does I would never attend a game or donate a dime.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #267
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Sure there are fans who seem to diminish the value of a big win. Usually it's because they just want to see more and more or better and better. Some are programmed to find what we need to work on or who had a bad game and others are programmed to tout the things we did very well or who had a good game.

Hard to come out of that game anything but happy with the results. We almost certainly have been favored by more points and lost or had a closer game than should have been.

We have bragging rights for a year and it wasn't even close...so go ahead and rub it in!!
Old 12-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #268
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

more than one guy where? look at all the posts after the game was over. everything was positive. one guy wanted to see lojo play more, but maybe thats his favorite player and he thought maybe he could get more than 1 minute in a game we had a double digit lead in for the last 11 minutes. nothing wrong with wanting a freshman to get into a game or wishing your favorite guy got to play a little more.

then 1 guy today (who really should be on peoples ignore list, he's been on mine forever) comes in with his usual stuff.

if there are a couple guys that ruin the experience for somebody, just put them on ignore. thats the best way to deal with it. you dont need to tell them how you're a superior fan to them and list off why.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #269
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
more than one guy where? look at all the posts after the game was over. everything was positive. one guy wanted to see lojo play more, but maybe thats his favorite player and he thought maybe he could get more than 1 minute in a game we had a double digit lead in for the last 11 minutes. nothing wrong with wanting a freshman to get into a game or wishing your favorite guy got to play a little more.

then 1 guy today (who really should be on peoples ignore list, he's been on mine forever) comes in with his usual stuff.

if there are a couple guys that ruin the experience for somebody, just put them on ignore. thats the best way to deal with it. you dont need to tell them how you're a superior fan to them and list off why.
lol

All while I'm being told not to be Smug on fandom, I'm getting lectured Indirectly about how to properly join in on an online message board. LOL its even funnier you call me out for my lack of posting lately ( it pretty much equates me calling out fans who don't go to games or support the program).

ANYWAY. We beat Xavier.

We made what was a top 20 offense coming into the game score just 47 points which is a 6 year low for them.

We took our band of 3 star recruits and out worked a bunch of highly touted guys from across town.

Our crowd was awesome. The arena was awesome. Keith Williams was Awesome. Jarron Cumberland was awesome. Justin Frickin Jenifer was awesome. Tre Scott made Hanky McSpanky look like the D2 player he is.

And while we may get our b holes blasted on next Saturday, I honestly think we have a chance to beat them. They like Xavier, fold up like lawn chairs when the pressure gets tough, they aren't nearly as cohesive as UC and they certainly won't have seen a defense like ours.

We need Big Game Jarron and Big Game Keith and we will be fine.....
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #270
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
lol

All while I'm being told not to be Smug on fandom, I'm getting lectured Indirectly about how to properly join in on an online message board. LOL its even funnier you call me out for my lack of posting lately ( it pretty much equates me calling out fans who don't go to games or support the program).

and maybe its hypocritical for me to say i dont understand why people tell others how to be fans, but if certain people annoy you the ignore feature is a great thing to use over saying how you're a superior fan to them.

having a passionate fan base is a great thing. it can lead to arguments but its still better than having nowhere to talk about the team. we have multiple places fans can go to talk about this team. i'll look for opponent boards to see outside perspectives on us and a lot of the time its hard to find any boards that talk about their team. This place even at its slowest has a lot more posting than a lot of other places for other teams.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote