Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
'12 VA SF Andrew White

Andrew White
Small Forward
Chester, Virginia
Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 210
Class: 2012

Strengths:
White is an active wing that plays more like a small forward than a shooting guard at this point but as he improves his range could easily excel at both positions. He runs the outside lane in transition and is a good spot up shooter with time. White also has an excellent mid range game where he can knock down shots off the catch and the dribble. He can slash to the rim with a couple of strong, straight dribbles.

Weaknesses:
White must work to improve he ball handling under intense pressure. He is a good athlete but not as explosive as he looks. White is a pretty good offensive rebounder but must improve at both ends of the floor in this department. His confidence has been an issue. However, he's seemingly addressed it and appears much more focused than ever. To achieve his goals, there has to be laser-like focus and consistent efforts. Developing an attitude of toughness is an area he's working on and needs to continue in that direction.

Bottom Line:
This may be one of the better feel good stories. White struggled in the summer of 2010 but months later he appeared to be a different player with a renewed confidence and work ethic. We'll say he straddles the mid to high-major line and frankly, it's in his hands. He raised the bar in the fall of 2010 and has work to do to win back over his admirers but he's on the correct path.

White is a top 75 prospect. He's recently visited NC State, West Virginia, and Maryland.

According to Dave Telep and Brian Snow he's on a visit today and Jeremiah Davis is showing him around.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Nice visit for him. Interesting timing with the Shaq situation. He was approached by NC State in July about remaining in the 2011 class. Not saying anything is cooking but thought the combination was interesting food for thought. Would like to have him in any year.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Video of White half way down the page of the link. Things are really heating up between him and UC. He's always been able to shoot but he has been an assertive scorer and has attacked the glass this summer. Will contribute for somebody immediately. One to keep an eye on.

http://premohoops.com/

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 08-23-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Video of White half way down the page of the link. Things are really heating up between him and UC.

I want him... I want him bad.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
As do I. Long, athletic, and can shoot lights out. Would be perfect for Mick's system. But the most impressive things about him are his attitude and work ethic. The kid is definitely driven and willing to put in work to improve.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Taken out of context, this quote could raise some questions.

That said, I think we would all like to see this kid sign with UC. Hopefully he enjoyed his trip to UC and his time chilling with JD and the rest of the guys.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Video of White half way down the page of the link. Things are really heating up between him and UC. He's always been able to shoot but he has been an assertive scorer and has attacked the glass this summer. Will contribute for somebody immediately. One to keep an eye on.

Jeff, are they looking at him for this year, given Shaq's uncertain status, or still for 2012? He seems like a great pickup if he were to commit. I think Mick still needs to secure a commitment from a center, thus I'm not what to make of Devon Scott's commitment. Has the coaching staff truly accepted this, or are we still looking to fill 2 scholarships?
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
As do I. Long, athletic, and can shoot lights out. Would be perfect for Mick's system. But the most impressive things about him are his attitude and work ethic. The kid is definitely driven and willing to put in work to improve.
i've never seen him referred to as a lights out shooter. where did you pick that up from?
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
Jeff, are they looking at him for this year, given Shaq's uncertain status, or still for 2012? He seems like a great pickup if he were to commit. I think Mick still needs to secure a commitment from a center, thus I'm not what to make of Devon Scott's commitment. Has the coaching staff truly accepted this, or are we still looking to fill 2 scholarships?
I have not heard that they were. I know another program wanted him for 2011 and with Shaq's situation I just felt that was food for fodder and a logical thought.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
i've never seen him referred to as a lights out shooter. where did you pick that up from?
From ESPN: White is an active wing that plays more like a small forward than a shooting guard at this point but as he improves his range could easily excel at both positions. He runs the outside lane in transition and is a good spot up shooter with time. White also has an excellent mid range game where he can knock down shots off the catch and the dribble. He can slash to the rim with a couple of strong, straight dribbles.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote