Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #661
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Nysier Brooks just tweeted his thanks to UC and the fans, confirms he is not returning.
Really dumb decision but o well. The hits keep coming.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #662
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
So much for good news. So now we lose are 2nd best players and depth at Center. Hope Nysier has success where ever he goes. If Cumberland doesn't come back we are in major trouble (and even with him back not going to be as good as we could have been if everyone stayed).
Unfortunately every thing is playing out as much of us feared. Brooks leaves, Samari decommits, Jarron declares (would of happened anyway) but I think the odds of him leaving are greater now. Still only one assistant and he's from NKU. Striking out on grad transfers and Juco players. We have a long way to go until the first game in November but a lot of bad news starting off... which is expected, these are the kind of things that happen when a guy who has been here 13 years decides to leave. Just going to have to roll with it and see what JB can do.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #663
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
I hope the mods dont mind me putting this here, but if anyone can donate please do. Sharing on twitter would be amazing at well, please no facebook shares.

https://www.gofundme.com/1lwov7dro0
Old 05-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #664
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Not a great start. I assumed everyone would try to run it back. Especially the upperclassmen. I still think the season rest on if JC comes back or not. I would have liked to have brooks but I think that void can be filled to some extent. Especially playing more high tempo

Last edited by cincyguy13; 05-06-2019 at 02:22 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #665
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Nysier Brooks just tweeted his thanks to UC and the fans, confirms he is not returning.
Thanks? For 3 years of scholly for 10 games of production. Crappy move Nysier.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #666
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
NAS was an excellent defender and was great at protecting the rim, but on offense he was extremely soft, especially around the rim for majority of this season. I think he made a huge jump from sophomore to junior year. He was pretty much just another body off the bench his first two seasons playing behind Gary and Kyle and I was skeptical when it was handed over to Tre and Nas but he actually improved a lot which is why it sucks to lose him now because UC put all this time in on him for him to actually be decent and now that he is good he leaves for another school. IMO if he ends up at Miami who went 14-18 last year he will just be another big in the ACC, I don't think he really changes that team drastically in terms of wins and losses but I hope I am wrong and I hope he does well and doesn't regret his decision.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #667
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
It was pretty obvious he was going to
Leave if you followed his social media doesn’t come as a shock to me at all
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #668
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Not shocking... But not a very sensible decision if his intention is to pursue professional basketball
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #669
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Players don’t usually enter the transfer portal to stay at the school they are at.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #670
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
Simply inexplicable decision, IMO. Best of luck to him, but I believe its a terrible mistake.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote