Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #11
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
My point exactly. Being a nice guy doesn't make you good.
Your correct, it’s just easier for me to dislike pros than college kids is
My point
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:06 PM   #12
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Moore rides the bench as the 13th player until he proves he is worth more ?? What else do you do ?
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #13
CinciSportsFan

CinciSportsFan is on a distinguished road
I'm honostly super hyped to see Diarra get alot of playing time. He has shown some silky smooth offensive moves.
CinciSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Moore rides the bench as the 13th player until he proves he is worth more ?? What else do you do ?
Boom or bust! Now or never. Even if he shoots it well his minutes may still be capped because he doesn’t have other skills really. He’s good for a heat check if he gets his head right. Otherwise he’s a liability in Brannens system
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:21 PM   #15
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Everyone on the team, aside from Jarron and Keith are unknowns. Even the coach is somewhat of an unknown. That is why I am as excited about this season as any I can remember. Be nice to switch it up and not try to win rock fights or out athlete teams.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 PM   #16
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Moore just flat out scared play basketball at this level. Brennan has team working hard in basic fundamental(dribbling) so maybe Moore finds himself. He just doesn't even look like a kid that we say should play in MAC
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:11 AM   #17
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
He played FB in HS if I remember correctly. But that doesn't necessarily translate to hoops. Everybody is gaga in their speculation about Mama and Prince. Let's wait and see what happens in the early games that don't count for much. If we can't tell which teams suck by then, it's us! We, as thread contributors, only are familiar with JC, Keith and Trevon. The rest is pure speculation. Let's not set our goals too high lest we be disappointed. If we are better than .500, we've succeeded (just not a very high bar). After the Virgin Islands, we can raise/lower our expectations. Brannen is the one who determines that. Gonna be an interesting year. I hope we are all elated by The Big Dance (and that we get a bid). Just being a realist.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:14 AM   #18
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
He played FB in HS if I remember correctly. But that doesn't necessarily translate to hoops. Everybody is gaga in their speculation about Mama and Prince. Let's wait and see what happens in the early games that don't count for much. If we can't tell which teams suck by then, it's us! We, as thread contributors, only are familiar with JC, Keith and Trevon. The rest is pure speculation. Let's not set our goals too high lest we be disappointed. If we are better than .500, we've succeeded (just not a very high bar). After the Virgin Islands, we can raise/lower our expectations. Brannen is the one who determines that. Gonna be an interesting year. I hope we are all elated by The Big Dance (and that we get a bid). Just being a realist.
On paper this best team since Kenyon Sr yr. I'll fire Brennan if they only .500 after 10 games
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:25 AM   #19
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
I hope you're right, but we're not playing many sub-150 or Div II teams like Cronin used to schedule any more. I think we'll know before 10 games whether or not this team gels and how our unknown quantity performs.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:54 AM   #20
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciSportsFan View Post
I'm honostly super hyped to see Diarra get alot of playing time. He has shown some silky smooth offensive moves.
He was getting pushed around on the block last year, hopefully he gained some lower body strength, that is his biggest flaw imo
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote