Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #51
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I’m pretty excited about this kid. I think he will help us win in March as soon as next year.
I'm excited about him too. Not wanting to throw justin jenifer off the team and give him the reigns doesnt mean I hate him
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #52
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I’m pretty excited about this kid. I think he will help us win in March as soon as next year.
I think it's a reasonable argument about lojo. If you look at what we are losing this year and what the expectations are why not give him some extra minutes as the season goes on (if we start stumbling) and get him and the team ready. However, if we can exceed expectation and it looks like we can make the tourney and win a game or two leave Jennifer with the minutes. But I don't think lojo deserved more pre conference minutes because why give up the season before we know if we were decent or not.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #53
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I'm excited about him too. Not wanting to throw justin jenifer off the team and give him the reigns doesnt mean I hate him
Yeah I didn’t say you did.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:16 PM   #54
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Again his post had 2 very valid points. 1) Mick hasn’t played Logan Johnson enough 2) Jenifer often is terrible against high level competition. I’m not sure a senior PG like Jenifer needed 29 minutes agains that team.
So glad I was able to spur discussion and that you got my points. Thanks.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #55
Uclawrugby

Quote:
While there is a lot wrong with that post. I’m surprised that any Bearcat fan would be happy with Micks use of Logan so far. I really thought this was the game he’d finally stop being such an idiot with high potential freshman, but he doubled down. Johnson had 7 rebounds in the first half for the love of all things holy and then barely played in the second half. Seemed like instead of using the minutes for guys like Johnson, mick was punishing the starters for their lack of effort by making them keep playing.
This is what I have been harping on since I went to the first exhibition game and noticed LoJo was by far the best player on the Court with the possible exception of Cumberland but with more potential. LoJo could contribute heavily this year but is not set up to do so now because of Cronin.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:32 PM   #56
Uclawrugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
This site has out lived it's enterainment value. You and him couldn't lead a pack of piss ants to water let alone tell Mick how to develop his team. Have a nice day.
Do you really need to be this rude? It’s only basketball. Take a pill or something.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:49 AM   #57
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Do you really need to be this rude? It’s only basketball. Take a pill or something.
No I do not. Have a nice Xmas.

Guys I have enjoyed the ride hear at Bearcattalk but feel it is time to move on. Hope everyone enjoys the Holidays.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 12-24-2018 at 03:54 AM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #58
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
i would say its a little weird this game was the most minutes jenifer played in a game this season.

not that anybody else deserves the minutes, just usually these aren't the games your sr starters log those kinds of minutes.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:50 AM   #59
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i would say its a little weird this game was the most minutes jenifer played in a game this season.

not that anybody else deserves the minutes, just usually these aren't the games your sr starters log those kinds of minutes.
Especially when it seemed like our subs gave us a jump start in the first half. We had a 21 point lead at the end of the first half and that is what it ended at.

This was a perfect game to sit the "non interested" players for several reasons. They were not effective. We need to get other players experience. Cronin would have been able to use the bench to remind starters they can't take games off. etc etc

Everyone could have seen 20 minutes in this game and the result would likely be the same or even better. Missed opportunity IMO but I don't call the shots.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #60
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
This is what I have been harping on since I went to the first exhibition game and noticed LoJo was by far the best player on the Court with the possible exception of Cumberland but with more potential. LoJo could contribute heavily this year but is not set up to do so now because of Cronin.
remember. Cronin recruited him here to UC when no big schools in the west looked at him and that is with his brother in the NBA. ESPN gave him only two stars. Something to think about. Seeing how good he is the whole situation is strange.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote