Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #701
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Now who is placing high expectations for the new coach??
Giving any coach 2 years in college sports is pretty stupid. Late start....CJB deserves 3 to see what he can do. Heck his recruits (2020 class) will only be Soph that 3rd year. He might need 4.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #702
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Seton Hall, St Johns & South Carolina All offered brooks.

Brannen is 0-2 in the NCAA tourney.

If he misses the tourney 2 years in a row, I want him gone and let the new Coaching search to begin. we can't afford to miss 2 tourneys in a row in a brand new arena.

So in my opinion JB has 2 seasons to work some before a fan base with extremely high expectations starts calling for his head.
Justin. I say this with all sincerity, you're literally losing it man. This Mick Cronin thing has clearly hit you hard and you seem to be having a tough time with your cognitive thinking and possibly mental health. It might a good idea to take a break from UC basketball for a short time.

Your boy Mick took like 5 years to finally reach an NCAA tournament. If in 5 plus years Brannen still hasn't made the tournament I'm right there with you but to say 2 and you're calling for his head makes you look even dumber than you've been acting this past week or two.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #703
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Giving any coach 2 years in college sports is pretty stupid. Late start....CJB deserves 3 to see what he can do. Heck his recruits (2020 class) will only be Soph that 3rd year. He might need 4.
Exactly, what a precedent to send, 2 years and youre out, bet that would draw serious interest from coaches
Old 05-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #704
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
JHub stated that "Brooks recruited himself to UC." Isnt that falling into Micks lap? Brooks may have had other offers but they were not listed on rivals, which I was going by initially, but seems to not list them for whatever reason, take that up with them.

When Curtis was deciding after decommitting from X, again according to rivals had offers From Kent State, Toledo and Akron, along with UC, all of those are MAC schools.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...-curtis-171132

LOL @ first round exit only in 4 of last nine years, again setting the bar fairly low for JB, he only needs one S16 in 13 years to match the prior coach.
He doesn't get near the grace period that Mick did. Even worst case scenario, Brannen is inheriting a much better team then Mick did. The NCAA tournament is also not all that matters, he needs to make the NCAA tournament most (if not all years) and have UC be at or near the top of the NCAA. I'll give him a couple years because of the losses during the coaching change, but if we don't make the NCAA tournament by his third year it's time for him to go.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #705
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
So looks like he has narrowed his list down to NKU, Southern Illinois and Wright State... He removed UC and Loyola from consideration.
This is sadly the best news of the Brannen era so far.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:51 PM   #706
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
This is sadly the best news of the Brannen era so far.
Wouldn’t it be depressing if Brannen is a worse recruiter than Mick? Shudder to think.

But I don’t think he will be.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #707
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Wouldn’t it be depressing if Brannen is a worse recruiter than Mick? Shudder to think.

But I don’t think he will be.
I think he will be. The writing is on the wall he can't even recuruit coaching staff. How do you not keep a tournament team together?? This was gonna be the best team since gclarks senior year. I'm disappointed man, everybody else should be too but mainly at the administration. How does Mick leave here and get 20 something mil and Brannnen makes less than Mick??? Oh so cheap I'm annoyed. So if Brannnen some how wins the way everybody wants will they pay him. Gotta have continuity in college Athletics this isn't the pros
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:22 PM   #708
JoeRunner89

And I'm giving him 2yrs. We didn't make this change to go on a decline and rebuild we made this change apparently to make the next step. This campus can't afford a rebuild two lackluster years after previous success will only drop the program which for many programs it's hard to maintain the consistency we've had here the past 30yrs. All we needed was that tournament run to break the spell
Old 05-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #709
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
And I'm giving him 2yrs. We didn't make this change to go on a decline and rebuild we made this change apparently to make the next step. This campus can't afford a rebuild two lackluster years after previous success will only drop the program which for many programs it's hard to maintain the consistency we've had here the past 30yrs. All we needed was that tournament run to break the spell
I think this is the point that the AD and Administration saw not changing with Cronin as UC's head coach. The 2017-18 team was probably top two under Cronin, maybe the best under Cronin. And they still could not advance past the first weekend. I get that there are many Cronin lovers and haters among the posters on this board. But, IMO, the change was needed by both Cronin and UC. Bohn has made two fantastic hires in Fickell and Clark-Heard, so I am willing to cut him some leeway on Brannen because of those hires. Again, Brannen was hired three (maybe four) weeks ago. We have to exercise some patience and see how things develop.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #710
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_bearcat View Post
I think this is the point that the AD and Administration saw not changing with Cronin as UC's head coach. The 2017-18 team was probably top two under Cronin, maybe the best under Cronin. And they still could not advance past the first weekend. I get that there are many Cronin lovers and haters among the posters on this board. But, IMO, the change was needed by both Cronin and UC. Bohn has made two fantastic hires in Fickell and Clark-Heard, so I am willing to cut him some leeway on Brannen because of those hires. Again, Brannen was hired three (maybe four) weeks ago. We have to exercise some patience and see how things develop.
Exercise patience when this guy can't keep a high level d1 roster together or get a coaching staff in here. This is a joke it really is this guy has no proven track record of anything really why all this leash?? Looking at Cronin tenure it would have to involve a more broad thinking he actually was improving but just not advancing but honestly, nobody should ever judge a season on mainly just the postseason something eventually would have to give in that regard. I don't get it, so would ppl rather miss the tourney for 4 yrs in exchange for one final 4, championship appearance? Do we want consistent seasonal success? Anyway, I honestly could care less about comparing a football and women's basketball hire to this hire, certainly thier are different variables at play and the 3 don't compare