Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #11
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Samari drops 47 last night. Heard his league isn't great but he still can score. I know he will be running point sometime next year. How will teams stop Keith, Jarron and Samari? If we had an upgrade in bigs, we truly would be one of the best teams in the country.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #12
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Samari drops 47 last night. Heard his league isn't great but he still can score. I know he will be running point sometime next year. How will teams stop Keith, Jarron and Samari? If we had an upgrade in bigs, we truly would be one of the best teams in the country.
If Mick could recruit worth a shit we would have an upgrade in bigs.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:42 PM   #13
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
If other teams were really worried about stopping UC or taking ball out of guards hands, the answer is simple, hack a big, either Eli or Brooks.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #14
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
yes if he plays himself into a first round draft choice that would make me happy as ell.
Recently the first round of the NBA draft is not kind to seniors, was one main reason Jake left and will be reason JC tests this year
Old 03-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #15
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
I feel bad bringing this up but I think UC needs to tell Fredericks he should look for other opportunities. Prince and Hardnett will be eligible next year and I can’t see how Prince is worse than what Rashawn offered this year. Not to mention we have our entire front court back where hopefully Diarra can get some more minutes. This would hopefully allow us to use another scholarship to go after a shooter that can hit a 3.

I would be ok with looking for a replacement for Moore too but I am still hopeful that he will actually turn in to a legit threat from deep.

I am not sure if it is the culture of the team that Mick has instituted but Moore looks timid when shooting and Rashawn is no where near producing at a D1 level despite being a juco all American.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #16
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
If Mick could recruit worth a shit we would have an upgrade in bigs.
Brooks and Scott were our second and third best players over the final few weeks of the season. Arguably even throughout the year. Their backups were questionable (or non-existent for Scott), but our starting bigs have been quite good.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #17
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I feel bad bringing this up but I think UC needs to tell Fredericks he should look for other opportunities. Prince and Hardnett will be eligible next year and I can’t see how Prince is worse than what Rashawn offered this year. Not to mention we have our entire front court back where hopefully Diarra can get some more minutes. This would hopefully allow us to use another scholarship to go after a shooter that can hit a 3.

I would be ok with looking for a replacement for Moore too but I am still hopeful that he will actually turn in to a legit threat from deep.

I am not sure if it is the culture of the team that Mick has instituted but Moore looks timid when shooting and Rashawn is no where near producing at a D1 level despite being a juco all American.
We still have one open scholarship, so there is really no reason to force Frederick's out. Mick tends not to treat transfers/Juco's the same as his program seniors either. Frederick's will not be guaranteed any playing time. Maybe he can make a jump and earn it next year, but otherwise he will just be another guy on the bench.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:20 PM   #18
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
We still have one open scholarship, so there is really no reason to force Frederick's out. Mick tends not to treat transfers/Juco's the same as his program seniors either. Frederick's will not be guaranteed any playing time. Maybe he can make a jump and earn it next year, but otherwise he will just be another guy on the bench.
If Moore plans on having another year like this year, i'd much rather have Frederick's. He he had decent stretches to end the season. Trevor was literally nothing "Moore" than 2 extra sneakers on the court for 95% of the season.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:45 PM   #19
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Right. But why not bring in a guy who will actually contribute and bring something different?
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #20
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Right. But why not bring in a guy who will actually contribute and bring something different?
We are going to have 4 seniors, 3 juniors, two sophomores (one of whom is a redshirt sophomore), two redshirt freshmen and Curtis who is Ohio Mr. Basketball. There's not a whole lot of room left for a freshman to contribute. Curtis and our redshirt freshmen will likely have trouble getting on the court. It's unlikely Cronin will find one more recruit who will contribute more then Fredericks, much less two more.