Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Deonte Burton | 6-1 | G | Centennial | 2010
He can do it all. Score with the best of them. Distribute the ball in traffic. Bang underneath the basket and grab the occasional board. And when the situation calls for it, Burton is fully capable of locking down the opponent’s top player on the defensive end of the floor. Indeed, he’s about as well-rounded as they come. That said, we find it a tad bit surprising he’s not being more heavily recruited. Perhaps his size, or lack thereof, is scaring schools away. In the end, some college coach is going to be lucky to land Burton and have him onboard

http://www.slamonline.com/online/col...ornia-dreamin/
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #22
ginagelj

ginagelj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
^^^Thanks for posting. I don't know if this is really Deontes' family member, but it should remind everyone that family members and recruits visit these sites. What you post and your tenor can make a difference.
yes, I am really Deontes aunt. In fact, Deonte is planning to visit Cincinnati within the next couple of weeks
ginagelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #23
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginagelj View Post
yes, I am really Deontes aunt. In fact, Deonte is planning to visit Cincinnati within the next couple of weeks
In that case thank you for visiting and we hope Deonte enjoys his visit to Cincinnati!
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:28 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Count me as one fan that hopes he likes it enough to sign. In my opinion he is an instant starter in the backcourt. Him and Lance would be very fun to watch together.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #25
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Count me as one fan that hopes he likes it enough to sign. In my opinion he is an instant starter in the backcourt. Him and Lance would be very fun to watch together.
Agreed. I think overall the combination of Burton, Lance, Parker and Wright would be very strong.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #26
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
I'm very much hoping we can see this young man suit up in a Bearcat uniform. Sounds like he can fill it up from 3. If he keeps that touch and is not a defensive liability playing time won't be an issue at all.

I think we can all agree that 3-point shooting is the biggest hole on this team, and as was mentioned on the first page of this thread, if we had it this year we would all be talking about how good it felt to be in the NCAA tournament again.

Plus we need to replace the loss of our last Deonta with a new Deonte.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #27
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
So you have this guy that you've only seen video clips being an instant starter next year over Parker or Cash? I may have to disagree with you.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #28
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
So you have this guy that you've only seen video clips being an instant starter next year over Parker or Cash? I may have to disagree with you.
All I can go off are highlight reels I've seen and evaluations people have typed up... from that, there is constant message of a strong shooter who plays defense... no, he may not come in and start right away, but he'd definitely contend for major minutes...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #29
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I'm deontes' aunt and i just want to clarify a couple of things deonte is 6'2 first of all for some reason his profile hasn't been updated. And with reference to schools he's being sought after by Kansas State. Boston College,New Mexico, Washington State, Nevada, UCLA and of course Cincinnati. As of now, he's visited Nevada and UCLA, and is planning on visiting Cincinnati, Washington State and Boston College.
Thanks for visiting and please keep us updated.

Deonte seems like a class act and would greatly contribute to what we're trying to accomplish here at UC.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Thanks again for posting. There are a lot of passionate Bearcat fans that would love for him to join the Bearcat family. Hope he enjoys his visit to the Queen city.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote