Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Bearcat
Epic Member

Bearcat is on a distinguished road
'12 IN SG R.J. Hunter (Offer)

Shooting Guard
Indianapolis (IN) Pike

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 160 lbs
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Bearcat
Epic Member

Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Shows having UC interest on Rivals. He is the son of IUPUI head coach Ron Hunter.
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
This is really, REALLY interesting to me... UC is literally trying to create a Pipeline from Pike to Clifton and it's stunning to me the success they've had there thus far and how hard they continue to push, considering it's 90+ miles away... very cool... lock up the Greater Cincinnati area AND Indianapolis and you're golden...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Indianapolis, Indiana
Pike
Ht:6'3"
Wt:160 lbs
Class:2012 (High School)

He's a dead-eye shooter, born in Oxford, Ohio, and he loves the Mick Cronin and the UC staff. He says quote"Mick Crionin is one of the coolest coaches in America." His sister lives in Cincinnati and comes to visit weekly. He is a hard working kid too.

Interested schools include: Cincinnati, Michigan, Michigan St., Illinois, Xavier, Notre Dame, W. Ky., N. Iowa.

R.J. is a long and slim perimeter player. He looks like he may be soft and weak but that is not the case. He definitely needs to add muscle to his frame but I would not call him soft. He competes and is productive on the court.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...6season%3d2012

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 06-06-2010 at 07:26 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Offered per Rivals.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Nice. Just saw this.

Yet another offer for a Pike product.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
star_recruits Pike's R.J. Hunter (2011) playing well. IUPUI coach Ron Hunter watching his game - presumably as father and recruiter.
27 minutes ago via web
Old 07-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

star_recruits "I didn't think I had to mention IUPUI," Hunter said. His dad, Ron Hunter, is the coach. "I think I've had an offer from them since birth."
34 minutes ago via web

Reply Retweet .
star_recruits Pike's R.J. Hunter (2012) has offers from Cincinnati, Oregon State and, yes, IUPUI.
36 minutes ago via web
Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

With his dad looking on in the coaches section, Hunter got going from deep. The 6-foot-5 long armed shooter absolutely caught fire from three, and there was nothing Team Philly could do about it. Hunter hit at least five threes, and also showed an aptitude to handle the ball in space. He needs to get much stronger, but the son of the IUPUI head man no doubt knows how to play and showed that he can shoot the ball at an extremely high level when he gets going.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1100689
Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

A: Yeah, definitely, but I do love Coach Cronin from Cincinatti, and Coach Beilein from Michigan, and Coach Izzo from Michigan State.

http://hoosierhoopsreport.com/2010/0...tational-2010/