Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #21
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
This IS the big I would choose if I could from the remaining guys UC is going after for the last 'ship.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
UK's Big man priority for 2011 right now?...

Quote:
"At this point, according to a person close to the team that Matt spoke with, Kentucky feels that those players in order of likelihood are Braeden Anderson, God’s Gift Achiuwa and Stan Simpson. Depending on how their visit goes next week, Simpson could move to the top of the list.”
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #23
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
God's Gift Achiuwa (Port Harcourt, River States, Nigeria) recorded 19 points and 13 rebounds to push his career total to 993 points in 55 games at ECC.
http://www.ecc.edu/about/newsEvents/...f-5dc51c2545ad
Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
God’s Gift Achiuwa, ECC’s Division I recruit, finished with 24 points to surpass 1,000 in his career as Tyshawn Edwards (Grover Cleveland) added 16 points and 11 boards. For NCCC, five players scored in double-figures led by Robby Seyler’s 15.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/campus/
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #25
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Erie Community College sophomore forward God's Gift Achiuwa (Port Harcourt, River States, Nigeria/Sure Foundation) was named 2011 NJCAA Division II Region III Player of the Year Saturday. Achiuwa, who was also the 2010 Region III Player of the Year, averaged 23.7 points and 12 rebounds per game. He was named the Region II Player of the Week three times this season.

http://hugesportz.com/press/college-...ii-player-year
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Erie Community College power forward God’s Gift Achiuwa has received a lot of attention because of his name. The native of Nigeria is now receiving even more attention from some high majors for his ability on the court. Achiuwa is 6’8 235lb forward, who is averaging 23 points and 12 rebounds per game this season. He has been named NJCAA D2 Region 3 Player of the Year for the second season in a row.

Achiuwa has recieved offers from St. John’s, Niagara, and Cincinnati and a long list of schools have shown interest lately. Accoridng to head coach Alex Nwora (also a native of Nigeria), God’s Gift has received interest from: Kentucky, Marquette, Seton Hall, Tennessee, Michigan and West Virginia. Coach Nwora will be heavily involved in narrowing his list. Achiuwa will not take any visits until Erie CC’s season comes to a close. He will sign in April during the late signing period. At this point it seems that St. John’s is at the top of his list. (Note From Jeff: I would concur at this point, but he is seriously interested in UC and Niagara as well. Coach Cronin and Savino have been working hard.)
Achiuwa has improved dramatically since arriving in Buffalo and will continue to improve this off-season and at the next level. He is very strong and aggressive around the basket and loves to mix it up on the glass. Going from a division two JUCO to the Big East or SEC will be an adjustment, but Achiuwa plays extremely hard, is very coachable and has a willingness to learn.

Erie Community College power forward God’s Gift Achiuwa has received a lot of attention because of his name. The native of Nigeria is now receiving even more attention from some high majors for his ability on the court. Achiuwa is 6’8 235lb forward, who is averaging 23 points and 12 rebounds per game this season. He has been named NJCAA D2 Region 3 Player of the Year for the second season in a row.

Achiuwa has recieved offers from St. John’s, Niagara, and Cincinnati and a long list of schools have shown interest lately. Accoridng to head coach Alex Nwora (also a native of Nigeria), God’s Gift has received interest from: Kentucky, Marquette, Seton Hall, Tennessee, Michigan and West Virginia. Coach Nwora will be heavily involved in narrowing his list. Achiuwa will not take any visits until Erie CC’s season comes to a close. He will sign in April during the late signing period. At this point it seems that St. John’s is at the top of his list.

Achiuwa has improved dramatically since arriving in Buffalo and will continue to improve this off-season and at the next level. He is very strong and aggressive around the basket and loves to mix it up on the glass. Going from a division two JUCO to the Big East or SEC will be an adjustment, but Achiuwa plays extremely hard, is very coachable and has a willingness to learn.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/juco-news
Old 03-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #27
thebeast

thebeast is on a distinguished road
that part you bolded is exactly why i prefer Jurick. It doesn't sound like gods gift will be able to be an immediate defensive contributor because of the large step from JUCO Division 2. I have never heard of a player coming from JUCO division 2. Let alone a player making an impact.
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #28
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
that part you bolded is exactly why i prefer Jurick. It doesn't sound like gods gift will be able to be an immediate defensive contributor because of the large step from JUCO Division 2. I have never heard of a player coming from JUCO division 2. Let alone a player making an impact.
I'm pretty sure Cincinnati St. is a D2 Juco which is where John Williamson came from.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #29
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
He has high D1 athleticism and quickness. He has sound footwork. The strength training at UC will be a huge boost to him and the fact that he has great grades will enable him to come to campus for the summer. Plus he plays with a high motor. There would be a lot of energy on the floor if Jackson and GG were on the floor together.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #30
cincinnati insanity

cincinnati insanity is on a distinguished road
Ben Wallace came from a D2 college i believe..... Hes pretty good. Same type of build and player.
cincinnati insanity is offline   Reply With Quote