Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Hawaii Transfer Shaq Stokes

UC in interested in the New York City PG. He had a very good career at Lincoln High School. he has a family issue and want to be closer to home and back east.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 05-03-2012 at 02:44 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
Imagine having a team with two kids named Shaq!!
adhdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdfan View Post
Imagine having a team with two kids named Shaq!!
i think we are going to start seeing a lot of shaq's in general going forward with players now old enough to play college basketball who were born after shaquille o'neal became prominent.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
He would like be eligible next sason. He's looking to get within a short flight of home. He was one of the best players in NYC.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I'm starting to wonder if Mick regrets signing Rubles with all these transfers available.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Mick regrets signing Rubles with all these transfers available.
I think Mick is fine with Rubles.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I think Mick is fine with Rubles.
I agree. I think Mick really likes Rubles and the versatility he brings. Plus, Rubles will help this coming season where most transfers will not.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
A guy like Rubles is essential to this team, you need a guy that has guard and forward skills to play the 3/4 hybrid as the 4th guard in this offense.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:18 AM   #9
DWhit217

DWhit217 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
Titus Rubles is the 2nd rated JUCO coming out this year if I am not mistaken...I don't think he is losing any sleep over it to put it lightly.
DWhit217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhit217 View Post
Titus Rubles is the 2nd rated JUCO coming out this year if I am not mistaken...I don't think he is losing any sleep over it to put it lightly.
juco's, aside from very few exceptions, are extremely mediocre these days. i wouldn't put much stock in juco rankings.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote