Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
kg5

kg5 is on a distinguished road
Steven Davis

Mick Cronin among those watching Manual forward Steven Davis (2012) and Team Blaze.
kg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
kg5

Steven Davis: 6’7” Power Forward, Manual H.S./Team Blaze (2012)
Steven is one of the top uncommitted seniors left in the state. He is very long and athletic, can get off the floor quickly to either block a shot or grab a rebound. Also, Steven can really shoot the ball from the perimeter, I have seen him get hot and rattle off multiple 3′s in a row. I have heard that he is leaning towards either spending a year in prep school or junior college.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
kg5

Old 07-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg5 View Post
Steven Davis: 6’7” Power Forward, Manual H.S./Team Blaze (2012)
Steven is one of the top uncommitted seniors left in the state. He is very long and athletic, can get off the floor quickly to either block a shot or grab a rebound. Also, Steven can really shoot the ball from the perimeter, I have seen him get hot and rattle off multiple 3′s in a row. I have heard that he is leaning towards either spending a year in prep school or junior college.
Grades?
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
He was rated like the 48th best player in the state by one site. Don't know much about him but he must be a late bloomer.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
"Coach Cronin also watched Steven Davis, Class of 2012 PF, compete in Indy. Though he started his high school career at Warren Central, Davis finished his senior year at Manual this spring.

Despite reports that Davis is attempting to join the Class of 2012 class by competing recruiting services there is virtually no chance of that happening.

Davis has some real work to do to qualify. Junior college looks to be a likely destination for the very talented forward."

http://www.cincinnati.rivals.com/con...sp?CID=1385894
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
hmm
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Manual grad Steven Davis lists three favorites after strong summer
58 minutes ago | Written by Kyle Neddenriep | 0 Comments
One of the in-state players who helped himself the most this July may have been Steven Davis, a 2012 Manual High School graduate.

The 6-7 Davis has long been considered a talented prospect, but had work to do to qualify academically. Both he and his summer coach for Team Blaze,

Manual graduate Steven Davis lists Wright State, Cincinnati and Lamar as his top three schools.

, Davis has now completed the requisite work to enroll at a Division I school this fall.

But there is a possibility could still go the prep school route for a year. Several schools are also recruiting him as a 2013 prospect.

“I’d say my top three (schools) right now are Wright State, Lamar and Cincinnati,” Davis said. “I’m not against looking at other schools, I just want to find somewhere to fit in.”

Davis is an athletic forward who thrives in the transition game and showed off a soft outside shooting touch this summer, as well as the ability to get the basket and score.

“I feel like my best strengths are my jump shot and athleticism and my ability to get to the rack and get rebounds and putbacks,” he said. “I’m getting better at going off the dribble and with my pull-up game. Coaches tell me I need to keep getting stronger and rebound better and if I do that, I can be a good Division I player.”

Eastern Kentucky, Toledo, New Mexico and New Mexico State are other schools that have shown interes in Davis, who was at Warren Central before transferring to Manual for his senior year. Davis struggled to stay academically eligible at Warren Central.

“I wish I had done some things differently,” he said. “I should have kept up with my grades earlier and worked harder from my freshman to senior year. Now I have a great opportunity and I want to take advantage of it.”

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...strong-summer/
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Doodie

Doodie is on a distinguished road
David nyarsuk? Mentioned on bcatnews
Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Wright State.